100% gel polish-I'm confused! Please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krystle-tips

Reaction score
Hi, i currently use shellac - I understand this is a power polish / hybrid polish - half polish half gel. The 100% gel polish.. Are these stronger? Longer wearing? What is the difference?

Im looking for something with more sticking power than shellac - make my clients nails harder without all the smoothing gel etc.

Please can someone help! I've been looking at ibd gel polish, progel.

Thanks so much xxx

Hi, i currently use shellac - I understand this is a power polish / hybrid polish - half polish half gel. The 100% gel polish.. Are these stronger? Longer wearing? What is the difference?

Im looking for something with more sticking power than shellac - make my clients nails harder without all the smoothing gel etc.

Please can someone help! I've been looking at ibd gel polish, progel.

Thanks so much xxx

CND Shellac is a great product. It is a hybrid product, a gel polish that also contains solvents. It is not the only one, I believe. Light Elegance also contains solvent, as did Gelac. OPI contains solvent in its base coat, but color coats are 100% gel. What tends to make gel polish easy to remove also makes it less durable, so one is always looking for that perfect balance between easy removal and durability. The consensus is that CND Shellac is easy to removal but less durable; IBD, ProGel more durable, but harder to remove. Of course, this varies for each client and even with each tech based on her application. I've had CND Shellac applied by a very skilled tech that lasted a good three weeks and Gelish applied by someone less skilled that lasted 10 days. Go figure!

I think all gel polish has real limitations for building strength. Gel polish protects the nails from minor dings and dents, but if you need real strength, I think smoothing/structure gels are your best bet.

I use SuperNails Progel -It's 100% gel. It goes on really nice and has a great depth of colour. My sets last a minimum of 21 days on all nails and toes.
Never had an issue with cracking, shrinking or lifting.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394901195.956788.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1394901195.956788.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 101

Latest posts

Back