2 Biters, P&W, 1 L&P and 1 UV Gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Hi Peeps...

Here are some Nail biters I did this week.
One in L&P (the first one) and one in UV Gel.
They're not my greatest work. P&W not being my forte, I usually just do clear and paint OR sculpt the french in glitter or whatever, and then clear overlay. Two-toning is not something I usually do.

I know they're both hippy, but I think it was because they're biters and getting the shape was a GIANT struggle for me. MUCH more so than with my average client.

The L&P, I used tips. Her skin was a tad bulbuous at the ends (don't know if you can really see how much in photo?) and her nail beds SOOOOO short... I hated putting the tips, but thought it would bring better results than sculpts for her.
The pink is a custom blend coverage pink (I dallied with recipes given to me by someone else... and added some shimmer)
The UV Gel is a complete sculpt. And the pink for this one is also a custom blend of my own.

I know they're horrendous, but the clients were super happy.
I just thought I'd share where I'm at with the L&P AND also, try P&W's for a change...
"NOT" dragging the pink onto the white was a bit of a challenge too... so my smiles are 'smudged' :cry:

L&P Before (I had soaked the original set because I HATED it and it was MUCH too thick, worse than this set LOL)
IMG_0277KathrinBeforenailbiter.jpg

Her after is to the right for "critiquing"

Annie 'Before" (uv gel)
IMG_0283AnnieBeforenailtbiter.jpg

IMG_0285AnnieAfterNailbiter.jpg

and OMG working such a small canvas to do P&W is SOOOOOOOOOOOO hard!!!!:eek:

No wonder peeps are so pleased with themselves:!:
Doing clear and then painting the french is sooooooooooooo much easier LOL

(even wackier still... I think my L&P P&W turned out better than my gel hahaha)

well done you,you are certainly putting yourself in the deep end.
i also think that your l&p turned out better if you dont mind me saying.
as you have already said about your smile lines with the l&p i wont mention them as you already know where you went wrong.
the product doesnt look too thick and i think the shape and length are good.
your gel nails i think look a little fan shaped and on some of them the product looks abit bumpy still but with abit of tweaking these can be corrected.
i still struggle with nail biters as they never turn out how i want them to.i recently did a nail biter with gel using glynis' method and i love it(pics in my album).have you ever tried it?
thanks for sharing your work.xxx

well done you,you are certainly putting yourself in the deep end.
i also think that your l&p turned out better if you dont mind me saying.

I actually thought the same thing!!
:lol:
I think it's funny! But as I said, I don't normally do P&W's, so it's a first with gel too.
I defo agree with what you've said.
But what is the "glynis method"? lol

the glynis method is building the free edge without a form or tip.i'll find the thread for you as it explains it all.
its fab and i have found it works great with l&p or gel.
smile lines are tricky anyway even with great nails to start with.i apply mine using my dotting tool as for me i find it easier than using a brush as i feel i have better control over the product,although im still not 100% happy with mine but is that ever possible,lol?
try this link http://www.salongeek.com/misc-tutorials/52129-building-free-edges-without-forms.html .x

Latest posts

Back