2 coat gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennyL

Reaction score
Hi, I currently have quite a few ranges of gel polish that I use. But I am curious if anyone has come across a gel polish that actually goes on in 2 coats and the colours are stable? As I am yet to find one :) thanks in advance. I currently use Gelish, Gel 2, IBD and artistic x

Hi, I currently have quite a few ranges of gel polish that I use. But I am curious if anyone has come across a gel polish that actually goes on in 2 coats and the colours are stable? As I am yet to find one :) thanks in advance. I currently use Gelish, Gel 2, IBD and artistic x
Shellac, although I rarely have to use three coats with any you've mentioned.

Shellac, although I rarely have to use three coats with any you've mentioned.
Thanks for your reply :) Really? I used Ibd my babe earlier and it was 4 coats to get a perfect coverage! I find darker colours I usually need 2 - 3 but that is only certain colours, but mid and light opaque colours i need 3 - 4. I have been using Gel Polish since 2010. I did try shellac, but it wasn't for me and I preferred the LED curing times.

Shellac now has an LED lamp.

Are you shaking the bottles enough to bring up the pigments that settle in the bottom?
I also use ibd and most colours I get away with 2 coats, my babe being one of them, I find a good shake or stir helps.

I use Shellac and never need more than 2 coats, I reckon you need to shake/roll more :)

Agreed I didn't realise at first just how much you need to shake gel polish to ensure good colour and coverage. It makes such a difference

Cuccio usually only needs 2 coats but needs a thorough stir before use

And there is me (the newbie) swatching all my colours I've collected earlier wondering why I'm not getting the opacity I wanted, this is probably why, i need to shake! Thanks [emoji4]

Why then do I hear some say 'never shake gel polish' cause it will cause air bubbles? Or is this just with certain brands?

Why then do I hear some say 'never shake gel polish' cause it will cause air bubbles? Or is this just with certain brands?

I was taught not to shake gel. Because it can cause air bubbles and then you can't get rid of them. (I use Gelish)
I know you shake shellac and apparently opi teach to to shake too? x

I shake or stir all my gel polish brands. This will give you a longer shelf life by keeping pigments and solvents well mixed, ensuring less thickening, less shrinkage, and more vibrant colour.

I was taught to shake shellac, do nothing with gelish and to use a stirring stick then turn upside down and roll with gel ll. However, I've recently been shaking my gel ll and it has been a lot better. X

My babe is horrendous to use. I did 5 coats! Never again!

Artistic colour gloss 2 coater - goddess (rose gold) gellux -jade's a gem (could get away with 1 coat!)

Latest posts

Back