2 many/not enough nail tech's in Australia

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bell

Reaction score
just wondering what the nail industry is like through out australia i know we have many nss salons here. Is there many nail tech's that are fully qualified or just some think that they are or isnt there enough of us out there .... are all the good tech's hiding?? i hope i am making sense

hi in my area there seem to be alot of people who go and do short courses then take a desk at hairdressers straight away without getting enough practice.
Spending a couple hundred $$$ and 2-3 days in class does not mean u can create beautiful nails:grr:
They never seem to explain to people that they are just staring out & still perfecting their work.
people come out & have nothing but trouble & think they can't have nails:sad:
I can't count the number of times I've met someone, told them what I do & they say Ohh I'd love to have nails but whenever I get them done they just fall ofWell let me at em;)
But it's very hard to get them to give me a chance once bitten twice shy
But after having that big b***h every time one of these people start up I pick at least a couple of new clients & they are always amazed how nicw they are.
And the other techs seem to give up before they get any good.
Guess the moral of this story (cause it's been a bit of a long one)
PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
I hope to build my clientele up this year cause my daughters off to high school so I'll have a bit more time on my hands.:D

bell said:
just wondering what the nail industry is like through out australia i know we have many nss salons here. Is there many nail tech's that are fully qualified or just some think that they are or isnt there enough of us out there .... are all the good tech's hiding?? i hope i am making sense
the nail industry here certainly does have alot of technicians for our population which does make it hard going till you get a name for yourself. anyone can become a "nail tecnician"without the qualifications here and that certainly does hurt our industries reputation,but with all the damage being done lately by these "nail techs"hopefully good will come out of it and we will be regulated in the near future.(but not near enough!:irked: )there are good techs here bell,but sometimes it feels we are out numbered. although at least we can sleep well at night knowing we do have loyal,well cared for clients and we make our industry proud not ashamed!

Latest posts

Back