2013 Recap!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chantele

Reaction score
Seen as the year is nearly over I thought it would be nice to hear what the best thing about 2013 was for you? 😊

Ask me that question next year !

Nothing....

Oh....no that's incorrect......finished working in May for no other reason other than I could.

Last edited:
2013 has actually been a really great year. I got married to the love of my life and we bought a house together. I decided on a huge career change and couldn't be happier. And my mum got the all clear from her latest scans after having a brain tumour removed last year. My older sister also got married this year and my lil sis just got engaged. Wow really have been lucky, hope it continues for 2014 :)

My best bit will be putting this year well and truly behind me, finding something positive from a very distressing year, and looking forward to putting lots of energy into 2014................"out of the darkness and into the light".

I hope you all have a wonderful 2014, and sincerely hope it brings you what you truly desire, but above all, love, contentment, and peace.

2013 has actually been a really great year. I got married to the love of my life and we bought a house together. I decided on a huge career change and couldn't be happier. And my mum got the all clear from her latest scans after having a brain tumour removed last year. My older sister also got married this year and my lil sis just got engaged. Wow really have been lucky, hope it continues for 2014 :)

WOW that's brilliant. Not many people can share the same fortune as you. Sounds like you had a fab year. Hope the same applies for 2014. I have extremely high expectations for next year I must say.

Nothing!

Oh actually my OH got a new job that made him happy (less money though lol) and meeting some lovely geeks :)

In 2014, I will be writing down all of the good moments, funny moments, highlights, achievements and memories worth saving on to little bits of paper, as they happen and put them in to a jar. Then on 31st December 2014 I am going to sit and read through them all and reflect on all of the GOOD that 2014 brings, The ones that make us smile*as I feel we seem to remember the bad points over all the good ones.

So that's what I'll be doing and I'm looking forward to a good old giggle and lots of smiling on 31st December 2014 remembering all of the high points of 2014 amd not dwelling on the low points like I am this year.

Roll on 2014 :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

So we are nearing the end of the year 2013.

What kind of year has it been for you?

I had a busy year , it was full on .

My oldest lady moved to Australia, on a great life adventure .
Thank God for Skype.

We were blessed with health and happiness .

I am a positive , glass half full kind of person anyway.

The only thing I dislike about the new year as it makes me that little bit older .....But sure feck it to hell.....age is only a number.

Happy new year geeks I hope it Is a good one for us all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow, you really have had a good year! I'm so happy your mum has got the all clear, it's not often you hear a positive ending to a something so aggressive. Your mum must be a strong woman!

Hope 2014 is another good year for you! 😊❤️

Not too eventful this year for me, I would say a few small steps down what is quite a long path were taken though, but I too have very high hopes for 2014.....

Nothing!

Oh actually my OH got a new job that made him happy (less money though lol) and meeting some lovely geeks :)

In 2014, I will be writing down all of the good moments, funny moments, highlights, achievements and memories worth saving on to little bits of paper, as they happen and put them in to a jar. Then on 31st December 2014 I am going to sit and read through them all and reflect on all of the GOOD that 2014 brings, The ones that make us smile*as I feel we seem to remember the bad points over all the good ones.

So that's what I'll be doing and I'm looking forward to a good old giggle and lots of smiling on 31st December 2014 remembering all of the high points of 2014 amd not dwelling on the low points like I am this year.

Roll on 2014 :) xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I LOVE the idea of saving your memories of this year in a jar, I might have to steal that idea & do it myself!

2013 has been a roller coaster to say the least.

My business flourished but my landlords are horrific and have lost 3 staff due to their attitude, I was bullied into signing a contract I didn't agree with but had no where else to go but found a property that I am hoping to develop in 2014.

My dear dear Gran lost her battle with cancer a month ago. We all knew it was coming but it didn't stop me denying it all the same. I have never felt such loss. She is however at peace.

My aunt has been an absolute arse (putting it politely) she even took all of my Grans jewellery without asking. My Gran has another Daughter, daughter in law and myself but that didn't matter. It has however brought my immediate family even closer.

My Grandad continues his uphill battle with the damn disease whilst dealing with a very broken heart. Losing my Gran has made me appreciate him even more and I cherish the time we spend together.
I wasn't sure my 5 relationship was going to work out but I am currently sat in Barcelona with my OH and 2 great friends thinking we might just be ok.

2014 has a whole lot pinned on it.

Always find that silver lining, however tough, however faint, it's there to help you find your way through. That's what I'm believing anyway.

Happy New year Geeks.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

My best bit will be putting this year well and truly behind me, finding something positive from a very distressing year, and looking forward to putting lots of energy into 2014................"out of the darkness and into the light".

I hope you all have a wonderful 2014, and sincerely hope it brings you what you truly desire, but above all, love, contentment, and peace.

Sorry to hear you haven't had a good year! It's the same for me, I haven't had a good year & will be glad to see the back of it. But trying not to dwell on it and think positive going into 2014!

You deserve a good year in 2014, hope it's a good year for you! xx

On January 1st 2013 a friend and I decided to write a book together....it's being published in April next year! Whilst writing our book our businesses have improved (and our friendship believe it or not!).

There's been heartbreak and tears and a huge amount of laughter as friends and family have pulled together.

Next year will be more of the same - sadness but excitement, fun and achievement.

Here's to a good 2014 for us all xx

Wow, you really have had a good year! I'm so happy your mum has got the all clear, it's not often you hear a positive ending to a something so aggressive. Your mum must be a strong woman!

Hope 2014 is another good year for you! 😊❤️

Thanks Chantele, she's had a lot of personality issues since her op which has been tough as it does often feel like we have lost a bit of her but she has good days and bad days.

Sorry so many of you have had such tough years. Here's hoping 2014 sees things getting easier and happier. Xx

2013 has been a roller coaster to say the least.

My business flourished but my landlords are horrific and have lost 3 staff due to their attitude, I was bullied into signing a contract I didn't agree with but had no where else to go but found a property that I am hoping to develop in 2014.

My dear dear Gran lost her battle with cancer a month ago. We all knew it was coming but it didn't stop me denying it all the same. I have never felt such loss. She is however at peace.

My aunt has been an absolute arse (putting it politely) she even took all of my Grans jewellery without asking. My Gran has another Daughter, daughter in law and myself but that didn't matter. It has however brought my immediate family even closer.

My Grandad continues his uphill battle with the damn disease whilst dealing with a very broken heart. Losing my Gran has made me appreciate him even more and I cherish the time we spend together.
I wasn't sure my 5 relationship was going to work out but I am currently sat in Barcelona with my OH and 2 great friends thinking we might just be ok.

2014 has a whole lot pinned on it.

Always find that silver lining, however tough, however faint, it's there to help you find your way through. That's what I'm believing anyway.

Happy New year Geeks.

I can't express how much it breaks my heart hearing about people losing their loved used due to this awful disease! I lost 2 family members recently, 1 to cancer I pray for a cure to be found to stop these people suffering!

I hope your grandad finds the strength to pull through and fight it! Us Geeks are always here to support you!

Wishing a positive 2014 for you & your family! xx

Thanks Chantele, she's had a lot of personality issues since her op which has been tough as it does often feel like we have lost a bit of her but she has good days and bad days.

Sorry so many of you have had such tough years. Here's hoping 2014 sees things getting easier and happier. Xx

I understand what you've been through, it's so tough to watch.. Hopefully the good days outweigh the bad in 2014!
Sending love to your family! xx ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

This year has been all over the place. Highs and lows but I've come to realise I'm marvellous at denial ;) but I'm also fantastic at keeping going and putting my best foot forward. I try to find a silver lining in every rubbish situation, I may not always find it straight away, but I will always find it.

I've learned and am still learning that you need to appreciate the small things and to revel in the good times before the **** hits the fan, as you'll never get those moments back again.

On the upside my son is doing really well at school and I'm so proud of him because he does struggle at times- I'd rather have a school report that says A for effort than an A for attainment. He's a gem in every way and keeps his Mummy going more than he'll ever know.

I've spent some fabulous times with my hubby and son and we had the best bank holiday weekend away ever- we relaxed, we laughed and ate like kings and queens. We got back and two days later I found out I was pregnant. I'd always said after Sammy no more children (well planned ones anyway lol) but nine years on, here I am and I'm over the bloody moon. I can't wait to cuddle up and snuggle with my Maxi in May.

However crappy parts of this year have felt, I also know how ridiculously lucky I am to have my health, my little family, their health, their love and of course this beautiful jelly bean in my belly!

Bring it on 2014!

Last edited:
On January 1st 2013 a friend and I decided to write a book together....it's being published in April next year! Whilst writing our book our businesses have improved (and our friendship believe it or not!).

There's been heartbreak and tears and a huge amount of laughter as friends and family have pulled together.

Next year will be more of the same - sadness but excitement, fun and achievement.

Here's to a good 2014 for us all xx

Congratulations on writing your book! I look forward to seeing your post on your book release ;)

Saw this today and love it. Thought for some it would be quite appropriate ♡♥♡

Attachments

• 1388449313227.jpg
    1388449313227.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Back