2013 Recap!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This year has been all over the place. Highs and lows but I've come to realise I'm marvellous at denial ;) but I'm also fantastic at keeping going and putting my best foot forward. I try to find a silver lining in every rubbish situation, I may not always find it straight away, but I will always find it.

I've learned and am still learning that you need to appreciate the small things and to revel in the good times before the **** hits the fan, as you'll never get those moments back again.

On the upside my son is doing really well at school and I'm so proud of him because he does struggle at times- I'd rather have a school report that says A for effort than an A for attainment. He's a gem in every way and keeps his Mummy going more than he'll ever know.

I've spent some fabulous times with my hubby and son and we had the best bank holiday weekend away ever- we relaxed, we laughed and ate like kings and queens. We got back and two days later I found out I was pregnant. I'd always said after Sammy no more children (well planned ones anyway lol) but nine years on, here I am and I'm over the bloody moon. I can't wait to cuddle up and snuggle with my Maxi in May.

However crappy parts of this year have felt, I also know how ridiculously lucky I am to have my health, my little family, their health, their love and of course this beauty jelly bean in my belly!

Bring it on 2014!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Congratulations on your pregnancy happyfeet! I'm sure you'll have a healthy, happy baby! Sounds like a good year ahead for you! xx

Saw this today and love it. Thought for some it would be quite appropriate ♡♥♡

Love this, thanks for sharing! ♥

2013 has been a roller coaster to say the least.

My business flourished but my landlords are horrific and have lost 3 staff due to their attitude, I was bullied into signing a contract I didn't agree with but had no where else to go but found a property that I am hoping to develop in 2014.

My dear dear Gran lost her battle with cancer a month ago. We all knew it was coming but it didn't stop me denying it all the same. I have never felt such loss. She is however at peace.

My aunt has been an absolute arse (putting it politely) she even took all of my Grans jewellery without asking. My Gran has another Daughter, daughter in law and myself but that didn't matter. It has however brought my immediate family even closer.

My Grandad continues his uphill battle with the damn disease whilst dealing with a very broken heart. Losing my Gran has made me appreciate him even more and I cherish the time we spend together.
I wasn't sure my 5 relationship was going to work out but I am currently sat in Barcelona with my OH and 2 great friends thinking we might just be ok.

2014 has a whole lot pinned on it.

Always find that silver lining, however tough, however faint, it's there to help you find your way through. That's what I'm believing anyway.

Happy New year Geeks.

I forgot to wish you a good luck with your potential property development, you'll have to keep us updated! 😊 xx

Well I started the year in hospital recovering from a stroke, I'm finishing the year thankfully not in hospital but recovering from another stroke, I suffered depression which I was pulled out of when booking my CND complete course which l couldn't complete due to another stroke. I'm terrified of 2014 as I'm looking straight in the eyes of brain surgery. After all that I still want to celebrate tonight.
Sent from my ST23i using SalonGeek mobile app

Good luck Nikki may, here's to you finishing your complete course! Are CND quite supportive of you taking the break?

Nothing much happened for me this year, I moved house in April, had a great family holiday in July. I qualified in level 2 nails in may (at last) which I was happy about, and I joined you all here on salon geek in September, I've been doing mobile work, part time since July had a few ups and downs and also loads of salon job interviews and offers but I haven't taken any of the jobs!

Tell the truth, I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I haven't dared take the plunge get to be honest but next year I am going to leave my boring day job and get out there properly, more training and progression perhaps renting a space in a salon of the right place comes up- fingers crossed!

My EA has been amazing and welcomed me back to finish the course as soon as I can. So it gives me an aim for after the surgery. They have all been so lovely and supportive.

Good luck Nikki may, here's to you finishing your complete course! Are CND quite supportive of you taking the break?

Nothing much happened for me this year, I moved house in April, had a great family holiday in July. I qualified in level 2 nails in may (at last) which I was happy about, and I joined you all here on salon geek in September, I've been doing mobile work, part time since July had a few ups and downs and also loads of salon job interviews and offers but I haven't taken any of the jobs!

Tell the truth, I'm a bit annoyed with myself that I haven't dared take the plunge get to be honest but next year I am going to leave my boring day job and get out there properly, more training and progression perhaps renting a space in a salon of the right place comes up- fingers crossed!

Good luck with your plans. Leaving my office job was the best thing I ever done, though it was different for me as it was surrounding my illness. Lets hope this time next year we have lots of lovely clients. X

Overall, it's been a very positive year for me and mine.

My younger daughter finally has a job, a 'Nice' boyfriend and passed her driving test. My elder one goes from strength to strength with her career and also with her OH. My husband is also better placed than this time last year. All good!

I previously wished I could have more hours at my job and I got them for several months whilst we were short staffed due, thankfully, to a troublesome workmate decamping. We finally have someone new after a few false starts, and it's taught me a valuable lesson, as I will never wish for more again and can't wait to get back to more or less normal with just an additional very few to my contracted hours. I am now happy and content with that! The motto is 'Be careful what you wish for' there, I think!

My dear old mum is still with us, having had a bit of a scare a year ago.

My best friend got the all clear from her latest cancer scare and is now two years clear from her aggressive breast cancer.

So, we're all marching into 2014 in pretty good and thankful spirits! :biggrin:

Good luck with your plans. Leaving my office job was the best thing I ever done, though it was different for me as it was surrounding my illness. Lets hope this time next year we have lots of lovely clients. X

I'll cheers to that! X

It's been great for me! Got two jobs that I'm still in, love em both and have met some amazing people through, qualified as a hairdresser, had my first friends holiday...great year!! Xxx

Well I started the year in hospital recovering from a stroke, I'm finishing the year thankfully not in hospital but recovering from another stroke, I suffered depression which I was pulled out of when booking my CND complete course which l couldn't complete due to another stroke. I'm terrified of 2014 as I'm looking straight in the eyes of brain surgery. After all that I still want to celebrate tonight.

Sincere best wishes to you for 2014. Keep positive, and trust in your medical team. You have a wonderful attitude, and clearly a glass half full person.

Love and best wishes, and have a GREAT time tonight.

I love your attitude Nikki - I'll be raising a glass and thinking of you and all the other lovely geeks xx

Latest posts

Back