300-400g extensions: is this too much?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hair_addict_extensions

Reaction score
Lately I've seen posts of salons fitting 300g a whooping 400g full head of extensions!! Most I've fit is 225g! Is this amount a bit much? Would it cause strain?

I think these are done by 4 rows of 100g wefts just to add lol

100g per row would be very bulky, ppl are just putting more and more hair in these days, when I first started 100g was the average full head, I usually fit between 120 - 150g but I think 300 - 400g is just ridiculous,lol

Yep 125-150g is about my average full head, could you imagine blow drying 400g's!!!! Lol, I get fed up blow drying mine which takes a good 30-45 mins & I've only got 100g! Lol

That's ridiculous. Imagine the stress on the roots

I'm not an extension tech so my view might be a little skew-iff ... but when I wear my clip in extensions I wear two 125g sets, so 250g total and still feel I could do with a smidgeon more hair ... and that's with 1/4 of my head shaved!

I often consider getting proper extensions put in but am put off by how straggly the extensions would look using a 'normal' weight - would be more likely to go to somebody who was going to put in 300g than 150g as I'd be more likely to love the result.

I'm not an extension tech so my view might be a little skew-iff ... but when I wear my clip in extensions I wear two 125g sets, so 250g total and still feel I could do with a smidgeon more hair ... and that's with 1/4 of my head shaved!

I often consider getting proper extensions put in but am put off by how straggly the extensions would look using a 'normal' weight - would be more likely to go to somebody who was going to put in 300g than 150g as I'd be more likely to love the result.

I understand what you mean, round my area girls want big/long/mega-thick! Hair /the messages I get are I want "the thickest & longest!!" Lol. This was a 150g set I done on a client with half her head shaved, do you not think this is thick enough? ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407358851.513366.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407358874.259456.jpg

Thing is with extensions if they are done properly and the placement is correct then 150g is enough .. When u have them in every day you want to be able to tie your hair up .. How would you even put a bobble in 300-400g of hair!!!

If you want natural then 150 - 250 g is fine but if you want real glam hair like celebs then you need to go 300 - 400 g it all depends on the clients hair type tho, I've just fitted a new set in my colleagues hair today, I used 280 altogether and it looked just natural we need to order more now to go glam lol!

If you want natural then 150 - 250 g is fine but if you want real glam hair like celebs then you need to go 300 - 400 g it all depends on the clients hair type tho, I've just fitted a new set in my colleagues hair today, I used 280 altogether and it looked just natural we need to order more now to go glam lol!

What method do you use to get up to 3/400g?? I couldn't imagine it being possible for micro rings? X

Cheryl Coles were about 300g worth. I know her old ext tech.

What do you think is the max weight for micro rings? I am finding they just want more & more!! Lol. I've got my max weight at the mo at 200g which I do think is plenty & the most I've done is 225g as she insisted on more!

What method do you use to get up to 3/400g?? I couldn't imagine it being possible for micro rings? X

No gaps, I know your supposed to lace a gap but as long as the client looks after them properly and makes sure teir always separated it's not a problem, here's what I mean, ovs this isn't micro rings but the pattern is the same ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407497918.397407.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1407497944.351069.jpg

No gaps, I know your supposed to lace a gap but as long as the client looks after them properly and makes sure teir always separated it's not a problem, here's what I mean, ovs this isn't micro rings but the pattern is the same View attachment 72245View attachment 72246

I fitted a lady yday & used every strand of hair poss, could still only get 225 in lol

The most I did (mini locks) was 280g and that was simply because the girl had SO much natural hair it was ridiculous. Around 180-200 is a normal full head i find x

I use 150g for a full and I think that is definitely enough. 400g is just too much

Oh no I totally agree, was only mentioning that id struggle to get 300 in with micro rings x

Latest posts

Back