36w UV or Mini Pro 45 for Gelish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tazyfizzle

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to get advice on whether I should go for a 36w UV lamp or I can stretch to a Mini Pro 45 Harmony lamp.
I haven't read fantastic reviews on the mini pro though so just wanted to know what people thought would be best? x

I use 36W lamp and it is spot on :) Have used it ever since I started with gelish over a year ago x

Am thinking of upgrading to an LED but through not fault of the UV lamp, just thought it may save me a bit of time x

With the pro45, you get to save some time curing, BUT, you have to do the thumbs separately. Whereas with the standard uv tunnel lamp, you can cure them all at the same time. So it's kind of a trade off.

With the pro45, you get to save some time curing, BUT, you have to do the thumbs separately. Whereas with the standard uv tunnel lamp, you can cure them all at the same time. So it's kind of a trade off.

Personally, I don't think it's worth trading up to LED unless you go for lamp with 30 second five finger cure. If you have to do 45 seconds and you have do thumbs separately, the time savings isn't as significant - 4 mins for 30 second LED, 9 mins for 45 second, and 16 mins for UV.

I agree with nancysyd. Also, LED can only be used for limited products whereas uv can be used for most gels. I have gelish 36w uv and 18g LED and both are excellent.

But with LED you never have to worry about bulb changes, bulbs breaking when traveling etc...

The mini Pro costs the same as a UV lamp, cures quicker (even though you have to do the thumbs separately), you never have to change the bulbs and it is much sturdier than a UV for mobile use/traveling. My main reason for buying was not for the quicker cure but for the 50.000 hour bulb lifetime and the smallness/sturdiness.

I have a mini Pro and I am head over heals in love with it:)

But with LED you never have to worry about bulb changes, bulbs breaking when traveling etc...

The mini Pro costs the same as a UV lamp, cures quicker (even though you have to do the thumbs separately), you never have to change the bulbs and it is much sturdier than a UV for mobile use/traveling. My main reason for buying was not for the quicker cure but for the 50.000 hour bulb lifetime and the smallness/sturdiness.

Your point is well taken. I was thinking of it more in terms of trading up, i.e., you already have the UV and are considering getting the LED.

But that said, I'm not one to half step. If you're going to go LED, go all the way. If you can't afford it now, spend $120 for a CND UV lamp (an excellent lamp that cures everything out there) and save up for a really good LED lamp.

Your point is well taken. I was thinking of it more in terms of trading up, i.e., you already have the UV and are considering getting the LED.

But that said, I'm not one to half step. If you're going to go LED, go all the way. If you can't afford it now, spend $120 for a CND UV lamp (an excellent lamp that cures everything out there) and save up for a really good LED lamp.

Completely agree with you as well:) I bought my Mini Pro because I had already had to change 2 bulbs prematurely because of traveling and then all bulbs were up for changing and 4 new bulbs cost about the same as the mini pro!!!;)

Do you ever have problems with the outside of hands not curing? I'm finding pinkies and sometimes thumbs are not curing on the outside edge . I do 4 fingers then thumbs. It's very frustrating 'cause I end up having to go over them again and it takes longer than if I used my UV.

Anyway sorry for jumping in here. Just needing a wee bit of advice please.:grr:

No problem!

I have found that sometimes this happens, but as soon as you get the right technique down it stops. I tell my clients to keep their fingers together, not spread out and the same with thumbs, keep them close together in the middle of the lamp. If I have a feeling something's gonna go wrong, f.e. if someone has crooked fingers or nails I tell them to do a gentle rolling motion with their fingers in the lamp so that all sides of the nails get enough light.

Might sound like a big deal but really it's not:p

No problem!

I have found that sometimes this happens, but as soon as you get the right technique down it stops. I tell my clients to keep their fingers together, not spread out and the same with thumbs, keep them close together in the middle of the lamp. If I have a feeling something's gonna go wrong, f.e. if someone has crooked fingers or nails I tell them to do a gentle rolling motion with their fingers in the lamp so that all sides of the nails get enough light.

Genius! Thank you. Isn't it funny how the simplest things need explained sometimes. :o I'll give it a go. Thanks so much. spjelgus

No problem!

Thats great advice, which i will certainly try.
I too have the mini pro 45 ,and on some clients the side wall on the thumb weren't cured.
Cant wait to have a go!!

I have the gelish pro:45 but am wondering, does it cure other brand LED gel polishes? the wording on the box makes it seem like it only cures gelish polish

Latest posts

Back