3D acrylic on gel nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xnailsbylisax

Reaction score
I have just received a message from a possible new client who has gel nails on already. She has messaged me asking for some 3d acrylic flowers adding on 2 nails. Its Orly FX gel she has on.

Would i be able to just apply the acrylic straight onto the nail? Or would i need to roughen the surface a little? Sounds abit of a amature question but i am nee to gel let alone gel thats already been applied x

Hey we all have thors kinds of moments where we second guess ourselves. I have had no problems doing any 3d ontop of a hard gel enhancement or just a gel gloss. When I do more simple stuff or gel polish color I top of my 3d I tend to gel gloss on top of the nail and 3d. You should be just fine if u gel polish her set and 3d over that too. Good luck

I just put it straight on or build it on a form and stick it on. Then I apply another top coat. I have had it on my toes for a while now still in tact!

Emma-Louise @ALittleLuxury

She doesn't want them doing on a form she wants some puttin directly onto her nail. Hopefully it will work .. Not confident dealing with gel nails but practise :)

Latest posts

Back