3D Nail Art -- not getting it.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiff1275

Reaction score
i am pulling my hair out trying to do 3d nail art i have watched demos read magazines and i'm not getting it :irked: my flowers look like balls honestly all my 3d work looks like balls :eek: can anyone tell me what to do or how is there an easier way, or can someone take me step by step.
:cry: plz help..............................:cry: plz.................................plz help...............plz.......................plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza.:cry: plz help me:confused:

Aww don't get too upset- you really just have to PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE- and you have to use your powders on the dry side so you can form them... Try and look up those whose work you admire to possibly mentor you ;)

I don't know if you are doing this already but try mixing the monomer (that you are going to be using for the flowers) with acetone, this will set the product quickly and give you a chance to create individual petals and not risk them all running into eachother and ending up in a blob!

Hi! I think may be u leave the ball to dry too mach and this boder u to work it. Here there are tutorials for 3d, exept this also the site down can help u. Gluck:hug:
Cesars Secrets

Have your ball much drier than you would normally place it onto the nail and leave for a few seconds before touching it Once it is like cookie dough texture wise start to pull it into shape and form your petal etc

have you done a work shop or class on 3d and embossed work?

if not ... it mite be an idea too... then your tutor can see where you mite be having problems and help you over come them :)

Jess
xox

thats part of the problem where i am at there are no classes everything i've learned i had to teach myself. you would think they would have took he time considering i spent 23,000 on tution

i am pulling my hair out trying to do 3d nail art i have watched demos read magazines and i'm not getting it :irked: my flowers look like balls honestly all my 3d work looks like balls :eek: can anyone tell me what to do or how is there an easier way, or can someone take me step by step.
:cry: plz help..............................:cry: plz.................................plz help...............plz.......................plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzza.:cry: plz help me:confused:

Hi Tiff
Do you mean balls as in round balls or do you mean crap? You haven't put what you have learnt already so I don't know if you have covered ratio etc with L & P.
It is all in the ratio (as usual) how are you doing it? with these things in mind I will try and give you some pointers. Look forward to hearing more:)

Hi Tiff
Do you mean balls as in round balls or do you mean crap? You haven't put what you have learnt already so I don't know if you have covered ratio etc with L & P.
It is all in the ratio (as usual) how are you doing it? with these things in mind I will try and give you some pointers. Look forward to hearing more:)
well part the problem is they never taught ratio. it went like this they gave us 1 month of nail class and the brought the stuff in talk a while then gave us some practice time then put us in the clinic to work on the public and then handed us colored powders and said here you go good luck. and that how it went. and i mean they look like crap.sometimes to runny sometimes to dry and it just looks like crap.can you walk me thru step by step so maybe i'll get it. i really need to get it or else i'll feel like a failure plz help.

well part the problem is they never taught ratio. it went like this they gave us 1 month of nail class and the brought the stuff in talk a while then gave us some practice time then put us in the clinic to work on the public and then handed us colored powders and said here you go good luck. and that how it went. and i mean they look like crap.sometimes to runny sometimes to dry and it just looks like crap.can you walk me thru step by step so maybe i'll get it. i really need to get it or else i'll feel like a failure plz help.

Hi Honey
Before 3d you have to learn product ratio, this can't be taught here. It is the sort of thing that requires hands on training and alot of visuals as in when to know a bead is too dry and too wet. Go back to the place that trained you and complain about this. Ratio is one very important part of learning L&P. Not just for the look and strength, but for the safety of the client. Many things will fit into place when you have this knowlegde honey:)
When you know this it will make the learning of the 3d easier to understand and then your work will be great. What school did you train at? There are alot of schools that are just after the money, and blag their way through teaching.... Don't feel like a failure, no need. You are far from that.
Take care and let me know how it goes:)
x

Latest posts

Back