4 Day Hairdressing Course

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H&B

Reaction score
4 Day Hairdressing Course

12th,13th,14th and 20th November 2012

This course is structured to provide an introduction to hairdressing. It is appropriate for those who may wish to ‘trial’ and learn the basic hairdressing foundation skills of ladies hairdressing. It is also suitable for qualified hairdressers who are considering returning to the industry, or those who wish to refresh their skills.

Each course will be tailored to meet the needs of individuals. Whilst the course has a practical bias, it will also include some theory which will support your understanding. Upon completion, you will be awarded our centre certificate.

Course content covers:

• Consultation techniques - to identify the client requirements and to determine if the service is appropriate
  • Analysing the hair and scalp - in order to determine if the service is appropriate and at the same time to select the relevant techniques, products and equipment to use on the client.
  • Carry out shampooing and conditioning processes using the correct massage techniques
An introduction to:

• Blow drying skills for long and short hair
  • One length and layered haircuts
  • Colouring hair
  • ealth and Safety procedures related to all of the above hairdressing services
When you have completed the course:

If you are new to hairdressing, you will acquire various skills in order to carry out basic hairdressing. However, you will need to further develop your skills by regular practising on friends and family. You could progress onto our intermediate courses or onto a more ‘skills’ specific course eg: Cutting: Colouring: Styling and Dressing hair.

If you are returning to the industry or refreshing your existing skills, you will gain more confidence and have a raised awareness of current techniques, products and trends. You may then wish to progress onto our professional hairdressing courses.

Should you require further information or clarification please do not hesitate to contact us.

page.png
A full certificate is awarded on completion of the course after a portfolio of evidence, case studies and assessment is completed.

coins.png
Course Cost
£395 +vat

clock.png
Course Duration
3 Days + Assessment Day

calendar.png
Course Dates
12th,13th,14th and 20th November 2012

clock.png
Course Time
10am till 5pm

house.png
Course Venue

HB Beauty Training Centre
6 St Marks Street
Bolton
BL3 6NR

heart.png
Free lunches provided.

user.png
Course Tutor
Daniella Simpson Fusion Hair and Beauty

accept.png
Bookings and Further Information
Please call Nicola on 0870 330 3407

This course is limited to 4 people only so you get the very best tuition.

4695cb3b19cbf906e45dac0da0913068_L.jpg

:-O 4 days to make someone a hairdresser!!! .. Scary!!!

And I thought my course was short 9 months full time Monday to Friday x

scary...haha..I was a model...once...

Really though it's a superb basic course. It is designed to teach you the basic skills and acts as a foundation course for any one interested. Ideal for anyone who didn't get on a hairdressing course at college this september but still wants to learn something.

It's no three year college course agreed but you do learn a lot.

How the heck can you learn to cut in 4 days? This is what is wrong with the hair industry these days, people think they can go on these courses and be an instant hairdresser and be let loose on clients! Shocking!

scary...haha..I was a model...once...

Really though it's a superb basic course. It is designed to teach you the basic skills and acts as a foundation course for any one interested. Ideal for anyone who didn't get on a hairdressing course at college this september but still wants to learn something.

It's no three year college course agreed but you do learn a lot.

I think the 'it acts as a foundation course for any one interested' is funny.
I'm shocked that some one can do a 4 day course and your going to give them the 'confidence' to be a hairdresser.
Personally I think that there should be taster course for wannabe hairdressers, cause this industry is not for every one. But why can't this taster course involve -
A q&a session
Research into the background of hairdressing
Research into the ins and outs of the industry and what it takes to be a hairdresser
Talking with a fully qualified local salon owner or mobile stylist

I think that sort of taster can also 'act as a foundation for any one interested' rather than handing someone a pair of scissors and saying 'wow you can be a hairdresser now'

I think any respectable trainee hairdresser would not do this course. I certainly wouldn't.

I'm so excited to be starting my course next week, it's not just about cutting hair etc, its the whole experience that goes with it.

Its the same for nails, you can do a 1 day course and be qualified to do enhancements. Doesn't mean you are any good at it, it's just a quick way to gain insurance and make money.

Thank your for your comments.

I think any respectable trainee hairdresser would not do this course. I certainly wouldn't.

I would be interested to hear why?

Regards,

HB

What certificate do you get at the end of this course? Surely not a recognised qualification?

Any hairdresser thats spent years working their butt off to get where they are will def see a problem with this.

Its the people that think it will make them a hairdresser literally in 4 days and before you know it they will be advertising their new found skills as mobile etc etc thinking theyre as good as the rest of us that have done it for years.

Just my opinion so no biting needed,but it only takes 1 or 2 who think they know it all after a 4 day course :(

TBH, I think that after 3 days training, any student completing this course will simply feel overwhelmed by their obvious lack of knowledge and I think it's more likely to put them off hairdressing rather than encourage them to complete a properly accredited course.

Certification at the end? What a total scam!

AcidPerm, If you believe we overwhelm people with this course then that's your opinion but I can assure you and our feedback confirms this, people leave our course with a wealth of knowledge and are actually excited at the prospect of continuing a career path within the industry.

Without any factual evidence, to broadcast the course is a scam is downright slanderous and I suggest you retract your comment. We are a reputable training centre.

You obviously have strong feelings about the welfare of would be trainee hairdressers so please advise on how you suggest training people in the financial and time constrained positions they approach us in?

With regards to our course we are a offering a step into the career, a foundation course, a taster course if you like before anyone seriously commits to a £2500 year for a college course.

We are bridging a gap for someone who can't afford or doesn't have the time / commital for a full time college course. The course was launched after a huge response from people wanting to do it. We actually got asked by people who visit our trade centre, our customers, people we have spoken to on open days or emailed us and our students who partake in our other courses to put on a basic hairdressing course. We supplied a demand, the course is successful and yes, from the feedback we have, people do learn something and are certainly not confused or overwhelmed?
Our students learn how to wash hair, condition, blow dry, basic colour and and perform basic cuts.

Our tutor has over 20 years experience in hairdressing and is a qualified educator. Sometimes the most important thing people learn from the course is yes, they want to be a professional hairdresser and we are providing an opportunity at a low cost to enable them to make that choice.

I totally and wholeheartedly agree and respect all your opinions that it takes years to perfect your skills. We are not sending people out into the industry thinking they can instantly cut hair for a living or land a top job as a stylist at a recognised hair salon. We are simply offering a course that teaches basic skills and hopefully guides people to make the right career choice.

If anyone would like more information about the course and certification then please feel free to contact Nicola Crellin-Bansal on 0870 330 3407 who will be happy to discuss in detail with you.

One place left for this course due to cancellation with client who couldn't travel.

Please contact Nicola on 0870 330 3407 if you would like this last place.

Can you get insurance having completing this course? x

Hi, It depends what skills you have when you enter and complete the course. We cater for beginners up to professionals looking for a refresher course.

Nicola would be happy to discuss you individual needs if you wanted to call her on 0870 330 3407 or please email your details to [email protected]

HTH

HB

sent you a mess nicola i have left voice mails i want that last place ! ;-) im wigan and ur not far i drive!:smack:

Single training days from this course now available at £149. Slot in to any day to increase yuor skills.

Course Schedule:

Monday 12th November Consultations, Wash and Blow Drying
Tuesday 13th November Basic Cutting
Wednesday 14th Novemebr Basic Colouring
Tuesday 20th November Assesment Day

For bookings please call Nicola on 0870 330 3407

Doubt it.

I think/hope the course is like a refresher course for hairdressers who haven't worked in the industry for a while.

If you want to be a hairdresser the get your nvq in it.

Sorry to the people running the course. I'm sure its a good refresher but people definitely will think after 4 days they can now be a mobile hairdresser. It will just be like the 1 day extension courses

Our course tutor has years of experience in hairdressing and FE, is a City&Guilds Internal Verifier, Hairdressing Judge and course assesor. We also have a high reputation as a training centre and we are not turning people out into industry after 4 days thinking they are a mobile hairdresser.

An NVQ in hairdressing is at least £4,250. We are offering a 4 day introduction. A taster course. A perfect and low cost way to try hairdresssing and see if you like it. If you do then get an NVQ, I agree.

Yes it can act as a refresher course and we welcome people to come and do a single day or the full 4 days. If you want more information about insurance or the course please call Nicola on 0870 330 3407 and she will explain everything for you.

If anyone in the North West is interested in a 'taster' hairdressing course, you can do Introduction to Hairdressing either at Wirral Met (Part time one evening a week over 6 months) - I think that costs about £250 and covers washing, blowdrying, setting etc - or you can do a 10 week Introduction to Hairstyling course at St Mary's College, Wallasey at their training salon, it's once a week in the evening and covers washing & conditioning, blowdrying (straight & curly), setting, curling and basic hair-ups. There is nothing about cutting or colouring on this course, it's purely to see if you like working with hair. And it only costs £80. The tutor is a lovely guy who teaches 'proper' hairdressing and who is a very experienced stylist. It's a much cheaper way to find out if you enjoy hair work and I found it really fun when I did it last year.

Latest posts

Back