4 hour practical beauty exam - advice needed!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim_S

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm brand new here so please excuse me if I'm posting in the wrong area!

I'm currently studying my DIP Beauty Therapy and in about 8 weeks we have a 4 hour practical exam. In the exam we will each have a client and will need to perform a facial (including all machinery - frimator, steamer, Galvanic and high frequency), complete a basic mani and pedi, wax the brows and tint both brows and lashes.

We are able to do these treatments in whichever order we please and not only do we need to be competent at each treatment, but we need to combine all these treatments in such a way that it is all done quickly and would be a realistic package within a salon but also the client still feels relaxed. Can anyone provide some advice or feedback as to how I should plan my treatment? I want to be time-smart but I also don't want to be stopping and starting different things and making my client not feel relaxed.

I was thinking of doing cuticle work and soaking of hands and feet first up so when they have their mask on I can be painting nails...? If anyone has some insight that would be great - I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Kim

I would do the tints first then the wax. Then pedicure and whilst toes are drying do the manicure then last of all facial meaning client will be totally relaxed. I wouldn't mix and match incase you get confused, I know I would [emoji23]. Good luck! Xx

You will have to do the waxing after the facial because you can't put products on top of freshly waxed skin.

Painting during the mask sounds fine to me, as long as you are able to reach them properly. You also need to be mindful of wet nails with regards to changing their clothes.

I would probably do mani and pedi without polish. Then facial. Paint hands and toes and let them dry while doing the brows and lashes.

If you put lash tint on first, you can apply and remove brow tint, then remove lash tint and finish with the brow shape.

You will have to do the waxing after the facial because you can't put products on top of freshly waxed skin.

OMG I do apologize I never even thought of that!!! [emoji33] x

Thank you so much ladies, I really appreciate your input! Absolutebeautyx you hit the nail on the head about "mixing and matching" lol that's exactly what I feel concerned about...I'd hate to get to the end and realise I'd missed something :(
FlawlessBeauty thanks so much for your ideas, you've brought up a few things I hadn't even considered.
The assessment isn't for a while but I'll be sure to check back in and let you know how I went. Thank you! x

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do great considering you're already doing your research x

Latest posts

Back