4 Yr old Pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well my daughter is 7 and i give her a mini mani and pedi all the time and she is good as gold

i soak, file, massage and polish with nail art

if i do it for kids i charge £10

any tips regardless of the amount are always welcome to me

I don't think I would have let the guardian of the child leave though, I would have made her sign a form allowing the treatment to go ahead and made sure she stayed for the whole of the appointment.
I agree, I make sure that the parent/guardian signs a form, and stays with the child throughout the service!
Welldone though xxx

Ok so I did the pedicure just a soak shape a little scrub and massage paint nail art and stickers only charged her (The grandmother brought her this time) $15 I like the child shes fun I got a dollar tip Plus she left the child here went to the bank and the store came back at the end when the girl was drying $1 tip I....I... don't know should i be upset?

if it is about the tip then i would have been pleased with anything...the girl might have saved all her pocket money for her pedi so to give you a tip is good ....i agree with JUDY ...i would not have a child left alone with me at anytime..ANY.

I don't know i guess i think different i know i should be gratful for any tip but i have always gaged my work on my tip i think i mixing up two different world and you guys are rite the little girl was so happy thats all that matters thanks for giving me a push. As far as the gurdian leaveing i didn't even think about a release i should make one up anyone know where i can resurch what it would have to say?

i'm not so surprised at this, its the uk culture of beautification thats catching up with the rest of the world imo,
i went to the states last year and it wasn't will you have a treatment, its more like what next. i heard a great idea in one mag, can't remember which, it was for a 'cupcake' manicure or pedicure, where the little girls got a cupcake in a flavour to match their pedi soak, i.e- strawberry or banana, and a milkshake or fruit drink on the side, then gentle pushing back of cuticles, a light scrub, again matching the flavour of the cupcake or muffin, a light moisture cream and pretty polish,
i think its a great idea, actually why aren't i doing it, watch this space....:lol:
See told you, its started :lol: How's your baking????

Can't bake to save my life but my 14 yr old daughter can guess i should buy some new pans...lol

Here we work for tips

Oh this great thanks for the link!!!

Personally, I don't like the whole "tip" situation. I find it awkward for everyone involved. If I know the person, I tell them not to tip me, and if I don't know them and they feel bad they can't tip more, I tell them the truth: I work for your repeat business and referrals, not tips.

Here we work for tips
again its that cultural divide, my brothers girlfriend explained it to me, we tipped everywhere as that was expected, its true alot of folks in the states work on tips being the larger part of their income,
example, a girl in an ice cream parlour would be expecting a dollar per customer tip for a 1 minute job, so from experiencing that i can see how you might be a bit fed up with the tip of a dollar if it was the grandmother who tipped,
in most places i went to a minimum tip of 10% was expected, from coach drivers to porters, and most definately for the hairdresser i went to see.
if it was the little girl its true that may have been her pocket money etc... considering the free childcare!:confused: i wouldn't let anyone leave little ones with you again, not ever worth the risks.
i don't want to speak for everyone, just stating mho, from what i experienced in the us xx

Latest posts

Back