4 Yr old Pedi

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cups1974

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 4 yr old coming in for a pedi in about an hour what do i charge what do i do just basic not sure what to do i know there will be no calluse or anything like that but do i still do the scrub? Massage? Help Geeks !!!

4 yrs old omg :eek:
well I'm shocked but that's beside the point and does not help you hun does it,
i would still soak, kids have sweaty little feet lol
i would still do the scrub but been very gentle and again be very gentle when doing the massage,
then paint them all pretty and maybe apply a sticker to the big toe,
don't know what you would charge for a usual pedi so that's a bit difficult but as you wont be doing no hard work really i would knock a few dollars off hth

I charge 30 for a basic do you think 20 is far since i'm sure i will be doing some nail art. Side note she was here the other day for a mani i painted them all nice and did some crazy nail art she LOVED it even called me later that day to tell me!! How cute

What the heck?
Would she keep still?

Yes she did very good at her mani. You guys don't do kids mani pedis?

i have never had a call for childrens mani/predi hun....its young is,nt it????....thats why some of us in england will go...how young???omg :eek::eek::eek:.xx

4 years old is too young, jmho .... at the very most, I'd offer polish and stickers, but that's about it.

I am willing to do a mani or pedi for any age range but it is very rare in england for a 4 yr old to be having treatments,
the youngest i have done a mani on was a group of 7 yr olds, they were all at a pamper party
everyone else has been older hth
yes $20 sounds fine

Glad she kept still, thank goodness. A little madam!:lol:

I do children's nail art and make up parties and the girls are normally from 7 upwards... BUT I havent had anyone bringing their children under age 10 to have any treatments done!

Its nice to teach children how to take care of themselves but personally, I thought that was a bit too young, JMO....

I have a girl whos 10 who comes for mani and nails painted with a little bit of sparkle in gems or strippers. Got a few more asking about it and some Mum's are beginning to think about booking their girls in for birthday treats etc.

Thats Y im asking you fellow geeks You think i should just soak Shape and paint or should do the massage as well what do you think?

I do think 4 is a little young ..... i do ,do kids parties tho ,and offer a polish and nail art for kids aged 6-13.

4 years old is too young, jmho .... at the very most, I'd offer polish and stickers, but that's about it.

i would just do stickers and polish aswell but hey...thats me....and that is my opinion.....

Last edited:
My neice lives in New York and has regular manis and pedis - she is 10. The last time she was over here she asked me what type of massage I offered:eek:

I have done 4 year olds, my litle girls mates generally, and tbh they have all been good as gold, I have only done manicures, wash hands, cool blue, file, base coat, enamel stickers or art then a top coat, followed by speedspray .
For this I charge £10, it takes me about 20-25 mins.
I suposse I would do a pedicure if asked but I havent been so cant advise for that!

It does depend on the child, imho, I have a 14 year old girl who cannot keep still, her hands are into everything, its a nightmare, her Mum does nothing to stop her at all, she doesnt tell her to keep still or anything. She doesnt qualify for my Little Ladies Manicure, but still good grief, If I didnt have kids I dont think I would be so patient! lol!!!

xxxx:hug:

I do know in the states they have salons especially for children, give it a little while and I'm sure you'll see them over here.

i'm not so surprised at this, its the uk culture of beautification thats catching up with the rest of the world imo,
i went to the states last year and it wasn't will you have a treatment, its more like what next. i heard a great idea in one mag, can't remember which, it was for a 'cupcake' manicure or pedicure, where the little girls got a cupcake in a flavour to match their pedi soak, i.e- strawberry or banana, and a milkshake or fruit drink on the side, then gentle pushing back of cuticles, a light scrub, again matching the flavour of the cupcake or muffin, a light moisture cream and pretty polish,
i think its a great idea, actually why aren't i doing it, watch this space....:lol:

Ok so I did the pedicure just a soak shape a little scrub and massage paint nail art and stickers only charged her (The grandmother brought her this time) $15 I like the child shes fun I got a dollar tip Plus she left the child here went to the bank and the store came back at the end when the girl was drying $1 tip I....I... don't know should i be upset?

Ok so I did the pedicure just a soak shape a little scrub and massage paint nail art and stickers only charged her (The grandmother brought her this time) $15 I like the child shes fun I got a dollar tip Plus she left the child here went to the bank and the store came back at the end when the girl was drying $1 tip I....I... don't know should i be upset?
sorry hun...but why would you be upset???

I'd be glad of any tips anyone offers tbh. It's the thought that counts as they say!
I don't think I would have let the guardian of the child leave though, I would have made her sign a form allowing the treatment to go ahead and made sure she stayed for the whole of the appointment.

Latest posts

Back