50/50 - does this include stock????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsP

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am about to take on a new lady in my small nail salon 50/50.

I really need to know if I should be including products/stock in this or if they buy their own Shellac, Minx, consumables etc.. from me at cost?

I would appreciate voices of experience please! :smack:

Thank you!

My friend is a nail tech she supplies all her own things, the salon take her bookings for her and take 30% of her treatment total. It's up to you how u do it ultimately whether you want to supply her stock or not. If it was me i would maybe do it 60/40 or 70/30 whoever is supplying the stock gets the higher percentage? Also if u do 50/50 and supply the minx you won't make much?? Bbk xx

That's what I thought - thank you! Not like a hairdresser that just need scissors! We need all sorts if stuff to do a shellac etc...

I will review and propose alternatives to her. :biggrin:

That's what I thought - thank you! Not like a hairdresser that just need scissors! We need all sorts if stuff to do a shellac etc...

Where do the styling products, hair colour etc come from?...

I will review and propose alternatives to her. :biggrin:

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

I think that 50/50 is too much.

If the nail tech earns £100 a day and has to give the owner £50 plus pay out for all her stock, she'll be working for only about £30 for the day.

I would agree a daily rent of say £20 to £25 per day (or whatever is right for your area) and they supply all their stock etc. Less if you do it on a weekly basis. However, you should agree that they are there certain days and times. I've seen it all end in tears many time because self employed nail techs think that they can come and go when they please, then the salon owner is left to deal with the moans from clients about the nail tech never being there.

I pay my weekly rent 52 weeks a year and that's what you should do too. You're running a business.

Thanks Kim...my new lady is just helping in peak hrs - Thursday eve's and Saturdays. Any suggestions for a fair deal for both of us?

Hi

I pay 25% commission to two salons (they book me different days). They book all of my appointments but I supply everything from varnish to publicity posters etc.

It works really well as it encourages the salon to make me appointments, and is also great for me as if I earn nothing I pay nothing (they may see it another way though!)

x

Yes, 25% with them supplying their own products is good. x

I pay 30% and supply all my own products, the salon book my appointments and advertise for me. I also get use of the telephone,(not that I really use it) drinks for my clients etc.

Latest posts

Back