90% grey

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrselliott

Reaction score
I have a client who is 90% grey. I used to use 7.31 majored but this isn't cutting it anymore.
I am now using well but not sure what to use to cover the grey and to match the previous colour.
Any ideas?

What percentage peroxide are you using? Xxx

In the new INOA range you can mix double base (6.0 etc) with colours with tone to get 100% grey coverage without going flat

I was using 10 vol but want to change to wella now anyway.

10 vol? Is that 3%? I love wella. It's lush! But I do like majicontrast too, the majicontrast magenta red is good for really bright reds! With wella colours I normally go for a 6% because I find it covers the grey better. They have some lovely red shades :) do strand test with 6% and test elasticity etc. to see if the hair can take it, my mother has really stubborn greys, I normally use wella colours with 6% peroxide and then flood a colour inbetween with 6 or 9 percent depending on what colour she's going for and how much grey she has at the time haha! xxx

I only use wella,you use the double base shades and they cover 100%grey,ie use 77/0 with 0/33 mix tone and 6% for a medium golden blonde colour x x

How much mix tone to base?

why wouldnt you use 6% in the first place? Its the best for grey coverage, or you could use supreme-bit like dream age in matrix- covers 100% greys easy peasy.

Also if you're using 7.31 use it with base 7 equal measures and 6% you shouldnt have any problems....xoxo

To use the mix tones you need to start with the clients base colour then add however many cm of mix tone to make it up to 11. eg: if the client was a base 6 you would need to add 5cm of mix tone to your double base colour to make the total number 11. Hope this helps! if you need me to explain it better let me know! x

No I think I get it. Thanks x

Guidelines for wella special mix

Depth/shade. Special mix.
12. 30g+ 3cm
10. 30g+ 1cm
9. 30g+ 2cm
8. 30g+ 3cm
7. 30g+ 4cm
6. 30g+ 5cm
5. 30g+ 6cm
4. 30g+ 7cm
3. 30g+ 8cm
2. 30g+ 9cm
Hope this helps x

The lighter the basic shade, the less mix tone is required. However 12 is an exception, I presume because its a hi lift tint. If that makes sense. These are the guidelines given on the Koleston chart. For the most part I wouldn't need to use special mix with the 12 shades because I think they are strong enough and nice shades on their own.

Thank you for your help x

Could u add say /33 to a colour to pre pig?

I would use colour fresh to pre pig

Sent from my LT15i using SalonGeek

I use perfecton /3 for pre pigging or I add /33 into the tint and apply directly onto the hair. I was told the colour molecules in colour fresh were too big to deposit pigment into the hair when pre gigging, is there any truth in that? X

I have a client who is 90% grey. I used to use 7.31 majored but this isn't cutting it anymore.
I am now using well but not sure what to use to cover the grey and to match the previous colour.
Any ideas?

7.31 will only cover up to 70% grey. You need to ad half 7.0 to your formula for full coverage at 90%.

7.31 will only cover up to 70% grey. You need to ad half 7.0 to your formula for full coverage at 90%.

I may be wrong but I thought you couldn't mix 7.0 with 7.31 as it is a double base? As I said I could be incorrect as I've not used majerel or Wella for years :)

Latest posts

Back