A few nails questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylieNails

Reaction score
Hiya geeks , I have a few questions I'm abit confused about etc ..
1. Why do some of my acrylic nails get extremely hot when setting ? I've asked before and I heard it could b a wet ratio but I use a medium to wet mix ratio. Exactly what I was trained to do in college . Plus it can't really be that I wouldn't think because it's only recently started doing it and my mixed ratio hasn't changed since. (I use NSI products )

2. What do you find easiest to use to sprinkle glitter over gel polishes ? I use a fan brush I was just wondering if there was any easier way ? Also what glitter do you find best to use.

3. How often do you find you need to change your uv bulbs ?

4. how long does it take you to do a full.set of acrylics in the following treatments;
- tip.and overlay
- full set blended tips and nail art
- average sculpted acrylic nails

5. I use uv top coats over the top of every set of nails but I find local nail techs don't and they just buff but I don't think it gas the same effect and would only buff if I was trying to.achieve a natural looking nail extension.. what do you do ?

Any answers will be helpful as I'm just curious as to what other people do for ease etc . Thanks in advance geeks looking forward to hearing from you soon xxxx

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

You are getting a heat spike from your acrylic because you are more than likely applying it too thickly or too much in one go. Do you use a three bead method ? or are you applying in less ?

for rockstars i apply my glitter with an old ( but clean) fluffy eyeshadow brush it's great for applying glitter and doesn't get too messy. it looks something like this:
images

You need to change your bulbs every 6 months or every 100 hours of use which ever comes first (it will more than likely be 6 months for you as your just starting out )

I could tell you my timings for nails , however i feel they are irrelevant. Do now worry about your timings , worry about producing top quality nails every time and your timings will naturally come down. It's better to produce a good set of nails in 3 hours than a rubbish set in an hour and a half.

I do tend to mainly use a gel topcoat on all enhancements. I do always ask what they would prefer and 99% want high shine.

Thanks so much for your reply, I use the 3 bead method bud I've got a bad habbit of making zone 2 abit thick lol , that's probably what it is.

It takes me like an hour to.do a full set tip and overlay or blended and painted. And about 1.30 if they want loadsa nail art is that really slow because some of my clients can't believe how long they've been there sometimes. It's usually the nail fairy converts though

Thanks again with your reply helped loads ! Xxx
Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back