A July return!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good I hope we don’t open on 4th, I’d be happier with a few more weeks, just seems to early for being so close to people.

Good I hope we don’t open on 4th, I’d be happier with a few more weeks, just seems to early for being so close to people.
Same here!

I’m really struggling to break the news to my clients. They are starting to contact me to book in all their usual services. They have no clue that it’s not straight back to business as usual on the first day of reopening. I had a pregnant woman contact me for lash and brow treatments plus waxing before her baby is due early July. I was hard pressed to be polite.

I feel that I need to prepare my clients, but no-one else seems to be talking about what new normal will look like. All this talk in the papers of bringing your own water or coffee - eek! No way, that mask is staying over your mouth lady!

My gym (Everyone Active which is a chain across a lot of councils) is advertising they hope to reopen 4th July and I'd say that's far riskier, however, like anything, it's your choice if you want to reopen and when and likewise it's up to people when they feel comfortable to come out.

Sadly, push is coming to shove and most people need to reopen and carry on 'as normal as possible' to pay their mortgages etc.

Just wanted to add that I found out today that a local barber ( only a few doors up from my salon ) who has been doing hair all through lockdown and advertising on. Facebook has been fined £4 k . Hoorah ! They just can’t break the rules and get away with it ! . We all want to earn money and make a living but we have stuck to the rules . Closed and protecting clients and family . Don’t want to to sound mean but I’m pleased that he got fined . Maybe it will serve as a warning to others ? X

I’m now in utter rage mode!
My daughter (also a hairdresser) has just been messaged by her ‘friend ‘ to say she has someone coming round on Saturday to cut her hair!
My daughter replied with ‘4th July is the earliest we can work from’, and she has replied with - ‘She’s going to cut my hair in the garden - or wear a mask if it rains!!!!
This makes a mockery of the sacrifice us professionals have made
I feel a complete fool for ‘doing the right thing’
We all feel the same I do beauty and have a client who is having hair done and assumed I would start too. Explained 4th July and not able to do facials till later (finally made that decision) it made me feel undermined and angry. We are talking about people’s lives !!!!

Just wanted to add that I found out today that a local barber ( only a few doors up from my salon ) who has been doing hair all through lockdown and advertising on. Facebook has been fined £4 k . Hoorah ! They just can’t break the rules and get away with it ! . We all want to earn money and make a living but we have stuck to the rules . Closed and protecting clients and family . Don’t want to to sound mean but I’m pleased that he got fined . Maybe it will serve as a warning to others ? X
Good may more fines follow

Good!!

We all feel the same I do beauty and have a client who is having hair done and assumed I would start too. Explained 4th July and not able to do facials till later (finally made that decision) it made me feel undermined and angry. We are talking about people’s lives !!!!
Clients don’t seem to care if you work by the rules...they want their hair, nails or facials done NOW & if you’re not prepared to do break the rules they’ll find someone who will. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it’s these clients & therapists/hairdressers whom are helping to keep this virus going. There’s a reason we are one of the last industries to open as we are in such close contact with people Day in day out.
If I find out one of my clients has been elsewhere during lockdown, they’re off my list!

Good!!

Clients don’t seem to care if you work by the rules...they want their hair, nails or facials done NOW & if you’re not prepared to do break the rules they’ll find someone who will. As I mentioned in an earlier post, it’s these clients & therapists/hairdressers whom are helping to keep this virus going. There’s a reason we are one of the last industries to open as we are in such close contact with people Day in day out.
If I find out one of my clients has been elsewhere during lockdown, they’re off my list!
I’m so glad some of you are saying you won’t be doing facials as when I said this to one of my therapist friends whose on maternity she was saying, how she’d be happy to do them!
I just said that you have to do what’s right for you and I’m going to ask clients to wear a mask/face covering for all treatments.

I’m so glad some of you are saying you won’t be doing facials as when I said this to one of my therapist friends whose on maternity she was saying, how she’d be happy to do them!
I just said that you have to do what’s right for you and I’m going to ask clients to wear a mask/face covering for all treatments.
If the guidelines state that a client MUST wear a face covering at all times, it will be impossible to do facials or lip/chin waxes anyway. I’m sure some therapists will flout it anyway but that’s their decision.

If the guidelines state that a client MUST wear a face covering at all times, it will be impossible to do facials or lip/chin waxes anyway. I’m sure some therapists will flout it anyway but that’s their decision.

I agree. Those therapists that choose to flout the rules surely realise that if the client complains afterwards, they won’t have a leg to stand on.
We also know that there are a certain minority of clients who think nothing of threatening to sue if they think there’s a chance to make easy money! :(

Thanks for your reply, where would I find these guidelines?

Thanks for your reply, where would I find these guidelines?
Unfortunately there’s no guidelines as yet, if we do get any I think they will be very last minute like they have done with every other industry.

Unfortunately there’s no guidelines as yet, if we do get any I think they will be very last minute like they have done with every other industry.
Ok thanks, yes think you’re probably right about it being last minute

Sorry but I’ve not been on for a while and I am so shocked that some of you seem to be working. Did I miss something as I was under the impression that we can’t until at least the 4th July.
Explain please someone

Sorry but I’ve not been on for a while and I am so shocked that some of you seem to be working. Did I miss something as I was under the impression that we can’t until at least the 4th July.
Explain please someone
None of us are working, we’re talking about therapists who have been working through lockdown & how disgraceful it is. Plus discussing things to do when we do return.

Just a quick question, regarding waxing do you think a plastic couch cover would be ok as long as it’s thoroughly sanitised afterwards or do you think I should try & get disposable ones?

Just a quick question, regarding waxing do you think a plastic couch cover would be ok as long as it’s thoroughly sanitised afterwards or do you think I should try & get disposable ones?

Just spray it after every client and cover with bed roll.

I'm still at the point where I don't know if I want to reopen. I don't think any courses are going to make me feel any better.
My business has taken over my life the last few year with being so much busier. Being at home has shown me that we can survive on my husbands wage, my children do still need me around and my clients don't need me as much as I think they do. It's given me alot of time to think, my only reservations are what would I do after? I don't want to regret my decisions later on ‍♀
Hi. Can I just say.....I’m closing my salon that I’ve built up over the last 6 half years. It’s bought me nothing but stress, i now walk around with relaxed shoulders and a feeling of lightness. I’m setting up from home in a purpose built outbuilding and i cant wait. Ill choose the clients i want to come with me,have no stress from staff and no overheads. You can do whatever you want and nows the time to do it x good luck.

Latest posts

Back