A little advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulaJayne1976

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Looking for a little advice and inspiration please....
In the next month or so I will be starting The nail art section of my level 2 nail tech so obviously I will also be doing the assessments also.
I have trawled The net looking for inspiration and have found some nice ideas but was wondering if you could give me some advice/ ideas for easy yet effective nail art designs which are good for a beginner starting out?

Thank you guys xxx

grab a load of tips/colour pops/colour wheels whatver you are practising on and have a play, its the best way!! even when you say nail art you like when you actually do it yourself it doesnt always come out the same!!

master dots and stripes/flicks, theres so much you can do, play with colours, the same design in different colours look completely different! then start adding a little glitter or gems then just keep practising whenever you have free time xx

I think you've done exactly the right things. There is no right answer when it comes to nail art - anything goes!

I agree with souz, get a load of tips, pop them on blue tac and start with polka dots, stripes and glitter. You can use colour pigments, acrylic paints, crystals, microbeads, konad stamping, lace, anything you like.

Just experiment and play with your colours, glitters, gems, and tools. They will come out different every time but you will soon get the hang of it. Good luck but make sure you have fun :D

Thanks ladies 
I'll do what you've advised and start practicing :) the tutor was talking about The fact that you have to ensure you have the right amount of polish on the brush so I'll have to master that too.
Is there an easy way of doing tips on a French? The tutor demonstrated last night by doing one long motion but I guess that's something else which will come with practice.
I keep reading on here about konad. How is this technique done as I'd really like to work hard n do something different for my assessment.

Thank you again xxx

French really is one of those things you just have to practice at. There are a few different methods you can use, when I first started working with gel I used my dotting tool to create three tiny dots as a guide for me to join up - what a faff! lol, thankfully it becomes easier over time, try lots of different methods and see what suits you. Noone does a perfect french straight away so don't stress about it.

Konad is wonderful stuff, there's a great thread here, I'll link it for you in a sec. You'll need: konad image plates, image plate holder, scraper, stamper and konad's special polish (there are others that work but it's trial and error brand wise), the trick to it is making sure you give your stamper a little buff over before you use it and press and roll the stamper on to the image then again onto the nail. So easy and looks amazing!

You might want to check out this lady's facebook page she does some very impressive nail art. Have a look through her pics for some inspiration!!

Welcome to Facebook

HTH

Thank you again 
Can't thank you all enough for all Tye help I'm getting. I'll have a nosey at the konad and the facebook page

Xxx

Not sure what qualification you are doing, I completed my vrq lvl2 nail tech in june.

My assesments mainly focused mainly on our actual ability do apply different nail art tecniques, like setting rhinestones in polish, applying striping tape etc, the creative side didnt really come into it if im being honest, this may well differ from your course though.

Not saying I thought this was right, but we could basically apply any design no matter how unattractive, aslong as the components were applied correctly! You were marked mainly on consultation and aftercare and aslong as it was applied correctly it didnt matter how it looked, you would still pass!

From a personal development POV, get the colour pops out, have a play and enjoy! Often my best designs happen when I attempt something madly intricate, it goes wrong, then it gets turned into something else! Im not an arty person, but often find when I push myself trying to do a difficult design, I dont get disheartend cos it looks nothing like I wanted, I realises ive learnt new techniques in the process :D

Hth xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

Thanks Sarah 
Yes it's level 2 nail tech I'm doing too so that's useful to know
Just watched the konad video and it looks relatively simple. Do you have to use their specific polish or can any be used?
Also, is there a cheapest place to purchase colour pops?

Sorry about all The questions xxx

yes you will need to use their polish or i believe barry m works also, its something to do with the viscosity i think the polish is thicker than norm.

Thank you chick 
I've just ordered a set of 64 colour pops and stand ready for getting cracking doing some practicing :) hehe

Xxx

When I clicked on the above Welcome to Facebook it went straight to my Facebook?

I always call them colour pops, however I mean nail art tips blue tac'd onto an orange wood stick hehe

Ahhhhhhhh hehe.
Well colour pops are on the way now so at least I'll be able to practice before being assessed 
Am quite excited! :) not yer sure whether u polish directly onto them or onto a tip and blue tac them on.
I've received my china glaze polishes and cosmetics carry case today too so am very giddy :) xxx

Just paint straight on is what most people do :)

Awwwwww thanks again sarah xxx

Latest posts

Back