A name for my nail and beauty business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautylicious

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone help me? I am setting up a mobile nail and beauty business, and i need a name! I will be mainly a nail tech but will be doing some beauty treatments, so i dont want the name to be restricted just to nails. Any suggestions? [/b]

Hi,

If you use the search facility here and look for salon names (maybe) - someone else asked this a while back and got some really neat suggestions.

Hi, Fiona,

Thanks for the suggestion. I had a look and there were a few i liked, especially 'Enhance' or perhaps I could change it to N-hance?! i'm still not sure, and would appreciate a few more suggestions, because until i think of something I cant get on and make my Bcards and leaflets! Also I really like your avatar, did you design it yourself? i've had a look at some clipart to base a logo on but i'm still uninspired. So I need a logo too - HELP!

Anyway I don't plan to start until I have done my training with Creative, so i'm not in too much of a hurry. I currently use Star Nails and find the products really poor quality. The VF21 stuff (does anyone use it?!) absolutely stinks, I wouldnt consider using it on a client, as it gives everyone within a mile radius a headache!

Anyway i'm going on again. Please give me some more suggestions! Thanx

How about:
Nail's and Beauty in Motion

just a thought as it is a mobile bizz ...........

love Ruth xxxxx

jomacswan said:
Hi, Fiona,
.... Also I really like your avatar, did you design it yourself? i've had a look at some clipart to base a logo on but i'm still uninspired. So I need a logo too - HELP!

Thanx

I partly designed it myself. I got the basic image from one of the clip art sites and I changed it to have the red nails and the blue eye and less length to the arms.

As to a name - someone mentioned on here way back that it can make a big difference if you actually use your own name - Polished Swan Beauty or if you want something short - try Swans and have a swan as your logo.

Just something else to throw in the mix.

Years ago I had a mobile customer who called herself 'Round About Beauty'. I always thought that was a cute name for a mobile business.

I had the same dilemma a while ago, I`ve used debbiepromotions for 3 years and thought it was ok until someone pointed out to me it doesn`t really sound like a nails & beauty business.
There were quite a few names bantered around and I decided on
Bee-enhanced. I swayed towards enhance as one of the names suggested to me and added the bee as that is what a clients grand-daughter calls me (not forgetting Debbie also means Bee which I think is quite apt). Its very deep and meaningful me thinks, probably too much but I gave it a lot of thought. Thank you everyone for your input and thanks to Caroline for giving me a push in the right direction.
I think the name should reflect what your doing (mobile) and your name somehow, unfortunately I can`t help much on that score as I`m not very inventive. I wish you luck with your quest

Hi again,

Thanks everyone for your suggestions.
As to a name - someone mentioned on here way back that it can make a big difference if you actually use your own name - Polished Swan Beauty or if you want something short - try Swans and have a swan as your logo.

Thanks for your suggestion fiona, it would be a great idea, except my name isnt macswan! Its actually my boyf surname (not getting married yet!) mine is williams, and i cant see how i could incorporate that into a name.

All your ideas gave me some inspiration, but then my boyf came up with the name 'Transform' which i kinda like, or 'Transformation'. I think I prefer transform, and also it could relate to anything nails and beauty. What do you all think?

Well Williams have a Formula 1 racing team...........and you are mobile....I feel a Logo comming on ......................lol

love Ruth xxxxx

Transform is one of the UKs biggest cosmetic surgery companies. This might influence a decision?

Hi Ella,

God i didnt know that! I feel really stupid now! oops Anyway thanks for telling me. I might go for transformation then. (im not sure about the formula one racing! lol)

By the way, used to live down in cornwall myself, Penzance in fact, nice to know you are opening their eyes to beautiful nails down there, they are a bit behind! lol.

CYA

..fiona had a good idea here....swan beauty sounds elegant and beautiful to me...just like your clients will want to feel when they leave you (or you leave them - as your mobile)
nice logo of a swan.....with blusher on 55555 - yay got to use mui's words/letters 55555 means hahahah on thia forums.

anyway i can picture it elegant swan = swan beauty and if you get married...bob's your uncle type thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back