a question about the nailympics...please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
when watching on Sunday, i noticed that some technicians were sat at a table by themselves (obviously with their models opposite) but others had two competitors to a table, side by side...

As i was watching there was a competitor buffing away and the table was all over the shop (they look like foldy up tressle type tables) but more importantly the other competitor sitting next to them is surely hindered by this...

Hi Di

Yes it is a problem for competitors

there were so many entries into 2 of the categories that they had to share tables- I only found out the day before that they were wobbly - we tied the legsat teh top and hoped it would be OK. For gel & fibre they were able to do one tech / one table

Budget did not allow me to get more tabkles and extend the arena.

Next year I wil do one tech / one table.

Alex

thanks alex!
it all went brilliantly and had a thoroughly great time spending - congratulations on the show!

Hi Dianne

As Floor Judge, one of my jobs was to sort out any problems for competitors. If a competitor told me of a problem I could sort it out. Many of the more 'sharing' competitors would go around to the side of the table to buff if their 'table mate' was painting or doing a smile line.

I asked Diane (Nailympics founder) about this and she said that they had a better set up than the one in Las Vagas! I heard about this problem from a couple of people after but all they needed to do was tell me! It was easily solved.

But, on the whole, everyone was great!

Alex Fox said:
Next year I wil do one tech / one table.

Alex

Does this mean there will be another Nailympics held in London for definite!!??

Clare x

Oceana said:
Does this mean there will be another Nailympics held in London for definite!!??

Clare x

thats just what i was thinking cb
great minds chickio....lol

Jess
xox

It's looking pretty good...

watch this space! (for dates etc)

Alexxxxxxxxxxxx

may i take this oportunity to thank alex & her team for doing a wonderful job with the nailympics.
it all came together on the day!
alex is somebody who, if she takes something on, she does it with such passion, that it is bound to b fine.
it didn't stop her worrying right upto the last minute about all sorts of things.
lets hope that its success will mean a repeat performance next yr.
i know i speak for every uk competitor when i say that, if given another chance, we will get even CLOSER to the big guys than we did this time!
liza x

HiYa,
Sorry not really related. Do you know if their is a nail comp at the nec this year. Some tech's I know think their is and others say not.

Latest posts

Back