a question about uv gel top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suki1066

Reaction score
hello everyone may i ask some questions please?
could ( or Should) i use the gel top coat over a natural nail manicure to give the client a longer lasting manicure for her holiday , or should i bond, gel then top coat as if i was overlayinf a tip? some friend who are soon going away and keep thier nails natural have asked if i could do "anything for them"
also i did a set of silks which client was pleased with but they " broke off" within days, she isnt blaming me as she works at b&q and uses the till , so would i offer her l&P for next time as it is stronger? she didnt seem very upset about them not lasting ( i was )
This may be an odd question but.... how do i clean a dappen dish, some l&p has gone solid at the bottom
many thanks to you all
jane

hello everyone may i ask some questions please?
could ( or Should) i use the gel top coat over a natural nail manicure to give the client a longer lasting manicure for her holiday , or should i bond, gel then top coat as if i was overlayinf a tip? some friend who are soon going away and keep thier nails natural have asked if i could do "anything for them"

I am not saying that you can't just bond and then top coat as tbh I don't know. However personally I would bond then scrub in layer, another thin layer of clear and then top coat. Just paint the gel on like a varnish, nice and thin, remembering to really cap the free edge.

also i did a set of silks which client was pleased with but they " broke off" within days, she isnt blaming me as she works at b&q and uses the till , so would i offer her l&P for next time as it is stronger?

I would be worth a try I would think. I have no experience of silk nails, but yes L&P should be more than adequate for someone working at a checkout.

she didnt seem very upset about them not lasting ( i was )
This may be an odd question but.... how do i clean a dappen dish, some l&p has gone solid at the bottom

I would see if I could 'flick' it off first, perhaps using one of my prep tools, otherwise use a little product remover.

many thanks to you all
jane

Hth's

Latest posts

Back