A sad reflection on the forum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daisy Digits

Reaction score
I have just had the misfortune of being chided by a member of the Nail Geek forum, and that was followed up by being "hearted" by several others. What a sad situation, when someone who is new to this forum, is treated so dismissively by a more seasoned veteran. I have only just joined the forum, and so appreciate that I may have to earn my stripes, so to speak, but I didn't expect to have such vitriol thrown in my direction for a comment that was well intended, and endorsed by the person I was replying to. This post may be treated in a similar way, so I shall say "thank you" to the ladies I have 'met' on the site, for their input and help, and shall bow out gracefully and leave the forum to those who feel they can say what they want to others. My apologies to any who may be offended by this post, it is done with respect and sadness. Gigi, it was lovely catching up with you again. Kind regards x

This happens all to often. Sorry you have been on the bad end of it. Take care.

I have just had the misfortune of being chided by a member of the Nail Geek forum, and that was followed up by being "hearted" by several others. What a sad situation, when someone who is new to this forum, is treated so dismissively by a more seasoned veteran. I have only just joined the forum, and so appreciate that I may have to earn my stripes, so to speak, but I didn't expect to have such vitriol thrown in my direction for a comment that was well intended, and endorsed by the person I was replying to. This post may be treated in a similar way, so I shall say "thank you" to the ladies I have 'met' on the site, for their input and help, and shall bow out gracefully and leave the forum to those who feel they can say what they want to others. My apologies to any who may be offended by this post, it is done with respect and sadness. Gigi, it was lovely catching up with you again. Kind regards x

Hi daisy digits- just wanted to say- Don't let anyone make you feel you can't be part of this forum! Don't ever feel intimidated by others, at the end of the day we all have just as much right to be here as each other regardless of how new to the industry we are!

X

I replied to that thread that you mention here and cannot see any bullying or dismissive treatment.
I think that the advice you were given by your tutor is questionable and makes no business sense. I also believe that this would be Geeg's view, I'm sure I have read advice from her along these lines too.
This has no reflection on you and no one said anything that could cause me to think that you were being dismissed or chided, although I am not completely sure what the latter word means, excuse my foreign ignorance.

I am sorry if this is the way you feel. I don't believe that anyone has set out to offend you.

Sometimes when things are written down and you can't see their faces, the meaning and tone of things people write get misunderstood. I don't think anyone was having a go directly at you but more towards poor trainers giving bad advice. X x x

To Daisy Digits, I read and re-read the posts to that thread and I don't feel anyone said your advice was bad, just you were given bad advice. From where I sit, nothing was directed at you, personally.

I think this is a good place to close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back