A thread for pictures of Modern Folklore nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicole333

Reaction score
So they were released today and some of you were bound to have got your hands on them already, so where are the pictures of the nails you have created with this new collection?

Call me impatient but there is hardly anything on Facebook today of actual nails painted in these colours, even from the EA's. It's like tumbleweed out there!

So if you are one of the ones that don't have to wait for delivery and you have had a play, please post your nails here. :)

Well one of the EA's has shared this pic of some nails in Fine Vermilion to get the ball rolling. I think they are quite nice and I am not an orange person.

Attachments

• Shellac vermillion.jpg
    Shellac vermillion.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 3,352
Well one of the EA's has shared this pic of some nails in Fine Vermilion to get the ball rolling. I think they are quite nice and I am not an orange person.

That's a beautiful colour - almost like her nails are lit up from within!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can't wait to get my hands on these but I will hold out until it gets closer to Autumn this time.. Spending far too much money on products lately lol

WOAH!!
I'm not a orange person either - our salon gets them in stock next week (I so want locket love) and had made up my mind I only really liked Locket Love, and Rose Brocade (maybe crimson sash)
But I think Fine Vermilion will be on my need list now :o

Another by an EA, this time Plum Paisley with some Additives. I love this colour.

Maybe more pics of nails will start to surface from today (yes, I know I'm still impatient)

Attachments

• shellac plum paisley.jpg
    shellac plum paisley.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 4,339
Bump come on girls we need pics!

I've brought locket love as my only
Shellac colour and I've brought the additives.... Not tried them over colours yet- just clearly pink but I'm a bit gutted :( I really love rose nation in the jar but on wheel it's yellowy and the rest are quite washy on their own :(((( ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404316780.574619.jpg

Shellac colour and I've brought the additives.... Not tried them over colours yet- just clearly pink but I'm a bit gutted :( I really love rose nation in the jar but on wheel it's yellowy and the rest are quite washy on their own :(((( View attachment 69317

I can't wait to get the additives!!

Remember, in this collection they are all "pigment effects" so will work best over colours, and the darker the better I think - they'll really pop xx

I can't wait to get the additives!!

Remember, in this collection they are all "pigment effects" so will work best over colours, and the darker the better I think - they'll really pop xx

I know :( silly me only looked quickly so I didn't bloody realise they wernt solid! Silly woman eh! When I get half hour I'm going to hunt thru my existing colours and see if I can find some nice combos. Thinking about fedora and midnight swim

Shellac colour and I've brought the additives.... Not tried them over colours yet- just clearly pink but I'm a bit gutted :( I really love rose nation in the jar but on wheel it's yellowy and the rest are quite washy on their own :(((( View attachment 69317

Ahhhh you didn't see my video on Monday that I shared?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=L-HV03BH_iA

These are pigment effects, I put them over Black Pool and Cream Puff but as they're an effect they are sheer so that they can transform the colour underneath. I must say the only one that worked with Cream Puff was the gold which is gorgeous though. Try them over the darker shades 😍 you'll love them x

Last edited:

These are pungent effects, I put them over Black Pool and Cream Puff but as they're an effect they are sheer so that they can transform the colour underneath. I must say the only one that worked with Cream Puff was the gold which is gorgeous though. Try them over the darker shades 😍 you'll love them x

No I totally missed it.... After
Seeing your pic of being set up at acadmy ready to do the vid.... *smacks hwad* feel a reet tit now lol

Thanks Hun, will have a watch when my son stops bouncing on my head and climbing me like a mountain goat lol x

No I totally missed it.... After
Seeing your pic of being set up at acadmy ready to do the vid.... *smacks hwad* feel a reet tit now lol

Thanks Hun, will have a watch when my son stops bouncing on my head and climbing me like a mountain goat lol x

Haha no problems. When I put them on to Cream Puff I realised it myself but it's worth knowing what they will and won't work with.

If you check out the video later you'll see what they're like over Black Pool x

These are pigment effects, I put them over Black Pool and Cream Puff but as they're an effect they are sheer so that they can transform the colour underneath. I must say the only one that worked with Cream Puff was the gold which is gorgeous though. Try them over the darker shades 😍 you'll love them x

What label maker and labels do you use for your pops? Can't wait to go to the centre to get my colours on Friday 😃 x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404332082.965554.jpg
Vinylux
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404332106.827340.jpg
Shellac with Additives
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404332115.728831.jpg
Vinylux Fine Vermillion

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Haha no problems. When I put them on to Cream Puff I realised it myself but it's worth knowing what they will and won't work with.

They were actually the Academy's colour pops as I filmed it there but I have something very similar which is the Dymo Letratag 100 x

Last edited:

Well it couldn't have been more obvious could it hahaja! I'm going to get fedora, decadence and masquerade out too I think and try to fall in love with them!

Video is fantastic as always. Thank you hunny xxx

Anymore pics of nails painted in these new colours surfacing today? :)

Am loving this one from EA Sascha Gossen - she is awesomeImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404376004.966309.jpg

Not my pics but these are from a fellow tech I follow on facebook

Steph xx

Attachments

• 1404377981177.jpg
    1404377981177.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 815
  • 1404377989667.jpg
    1404377989667.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 807
  • 1404377997998.jpg
    1404377997998.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 809