A thread for pictures of Modern Folklore nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks very wishy washy

I did a swatch of Rose Brocade on a colour pop this morning, and even after a good shake I did 3 coats so I was satisfied with the opacity.

Haven't tried it on a set of nails yet though.

xx

Last edited:
The rose brocade here looks a little see through is it just the lighting or is it like Grape Gum and a little wishy washy?

I recently bought a new GG from S2 and the coverage is much better (mine was quite old) as I read on here that the formula had changed. I am glad I did buy a new one as I love it now.

The rose brocade here looks a little see through is it just the lighting or is it like Grape Gum and a little wishy washy?

It is very thin and sheer. After doing some colour pops, I would definitely do 3 coats on a client. xx

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

Crimson Sash with Rose Notion x

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1404453976398.jpg
    1404453976398.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 668
Thank you all for posting your nail pics. I know we had pics of colour pops and that was great to get our appetites going, but you cannot beat seeing the colours on nails. I'm sure even more will start to come through now and maybe even one of Indigi Frock? Pretty please! :p

Sorry, these aren't on real nails, but I thought I'd show the true pigment colour of each additive by mixing with CND Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel!

LOVE Plush Velour (2nd from left)!

Sarah xxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1404469728.608927.jpg

Sorry, these aren't on real nails, but I thought I'd show the true pigment colour of each additive by mixing with CND Brisa Lite Smoothing Gel!

Sarah xxx

View attachment 69494

I'm so doing this later as I
Only brought locket love and the additives and was disapointes biit these look great x

Not the best of pics, I couldn't choose what colour to have so had them all :D
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1404477217522.jpg
    1404477217522.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 663
Purple Purple with Jade Rekindled additive is Gorgeous x
Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1404478739788.jpg
    1404478739788.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 624
Sugarfarie - Is the one on the middle finger simular to Masquerade? X

Sarah xxx

View attachment 69494

These additives are gorgeous.. Can't wait to get my hands on these!

Well one of the EA's has shared this pic of some nails in Fine Vermilion to get the ball rolling. I think they are quite nice and I am not an orange person.

Wow i am loving this colour. I was planning on holding out for this one, that is, until I saw your pic lol. Absolutely stunning! This has to be my fave orange so far.

Fine Vermillion with Sizzling Sand Additive, flower is Ornate Halo additive Kx

Attachments

• P1040784.jpg
    P1040784.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 562
Loving these... But anyone notice they are getting less and less additives in the pots than we used to?

Loving these... But anyone notice they are getting less and less additives in the pots than we used to?

Yes I thought this too. But then I read it's all done by weight. So, you should really be getting the same amount, it just looks less, as the additive settles in the pot (if that makes sense?).

I'm confused looking at the pictures of rose brocade - is it a pink or red??

Latest posts

Back