A twist to pedi and manis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
should just add,
bicarb you can get from supermarket
witch hazel from chemist
rose or lavender water from Boots
or if your posh use hydrosol
citric acid is more diffcult to get hold of, but some chemists sell small boxes of it (enough to make a few), also homebrew shops sell it, otherwise *bay or google soapmaker suppliers but you generally have to spend a bit or your p&p is a fortune.
dried flowers soap suppliers, herbal shops

Its a shame cos I've got loads of citric acid and loads of dried flowers.

any questions re: bathbombs, I'm here all night!

Please Please tell me the directions to make!!!

because you asked so nicely!

HOMEMADE BATH BOMBS by Ann Ball aged 40 and 3 months
Ingredients:
makes 4-6 ice cube size
3 tablespoons of bicarbonate of soda
1 tablespoon citric acid
few tablespoons of either rosewater, lavender water or witch hazel
6 drops of essential oil (optional)
pinch of dried flowers (rose petals or lavender are nice)

Directions:
1. Sieve bicarb.
2. Add citric acid and stir in.
3. Drop in essential oils if using and stir in.
4. Place floral water or witchhazel in a small spray bottle (this is important as you don't want to over wet the mix or add liquid to quickly as it reacts and starts to expand, you will get a grainy appearance as well).
5. Spritz the mix twice, stir in, repeat until you have a mix that resembles damp sand (best thing is to squeeze some of the mix in your hand, if it 'just' holds its ready. this part is difficult to perfect as you always end up adding to much to begin with.
6. Decorate your ice cube trays with a pinch of dried flowers, I also add a couple of gold heart table confetti.
7. Press your mix into the tray, pressing down firmly to prevent any trapped air (this would cause the bomb to crumble and be unstable so do this properly).
8. Leave for 24 hours and then tip out (they should be hard and stable by then).
9. Package in a jar or a cellophane bag.

To use:
Pop one or two into your spa bowl when the client's feet are already submerged.

You could give your client one to take home as a gift.
Because you are making enough for 2-3 spa baths for feet or hands, the amount of essential oil is minimal.
Brilliant idea...do you retail them as well? x

No I don't, as would need a license with all ingredients written on them.
I do give them away as presents and for raffle prizes.

Latest posts

Back