A very straight..short..free edge!!??!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Has anyone out there got any tips for me please....

I had a new client come for full set last week, she had tiny natural nails that were very short and the free-edge (what little there was of it) was soooo straight!!! I could barely file the natural nail into shape as it would have filed her finger..can't have that..OUCH! :|

What I was asking for really was: "What is the best thing to do re. shaping a really short natural nail to fit the well of the tip???"

As my biggest gripe that customers have it "My nails look so dirty underneath!!??" so...if there is a gap where the straight free-edge...meets the curved well in the tip...???? What is best to do?

Look forward to any advice.

Thanks in advance

Jenny - Nails x x x x

Jenny-Nails said:

I had a new client come for full set last week, she had tiny natural nails that were very short and the free-edge (what little there was of it) was soooo straight!!! I could barely file the natural nail into shape as it would have filed her finger..can't have that..OUCH! :|

Jenny - Nails x x x x
hi jenny
i always shape the clients natural nail ...even when they are very short..use a file of 240 grit ...then you won't damage surrounding skin ..i use my kanga or koala board to do this:) if you then reduce your contact area so that it is miniscule you should not have that nasty gap between tip and natural nail ...so nowhere for dirt to to build up ;)
this is what i do hope it helps
debbie

Thats why sculpting is so good, you are moulding the nail from the natural nail shape so its a perfect fit. It's ideal for clients with nail that aren't perfect for tips, cos not everyone is
Paula x
Jenny-Nails said:

What I was asking for really was: "What is the best thing to do re. shaping a really short natural nail to fit the well of the tip???"

As my biggest gripe that customers have it "My nails look so dirty underneath!!??" so...if there is a gap where the straight free-edge...meets the curved well in the tip...???? What is best to do?

Thanks in advance

Jenny - Nails x x x x

Jenny-Nails said:

Thanks in advance

Jenny - Nails x x x x
Try shaping the natural nail as much as you can, when you file a tiny nail, every mm counts, so try squeezing with your thumb and index finger the fleshy part of the nail underneath,but dont squeeze to much or she will jump to the ceiling, and then you will need a ladder to get her back down...........
This will give you a bit more scope for filing the corners round.............so you have a more squoaval nail...........
Try pre-blending the tip, reducing the contact area to a minimum and then
use gelbond to apply the tip...........The gelbond, will provide a secure bond and there wont be a dirt trap under the nail then....the gelbond will fill this little gap...............
But sculpting is a great tip................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back