..about nail tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klara

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I discovered this forum a few days ago and it is really amazing how many things I found in here ! Right now I do a training course with Creative to become a nail tech and I a little confused with the nail tips.
There are three main categories : natural, white and clear.
We used natural tips for acrylic l&p nails and for blending the tip with the natural nail we used the Hotshot file.
I know that clear tips are used for U.V gel but do we blend them the same way as with natural tips?
And what about white tips?
Sorry for bothering you with lots of questions :o .

Hi and welcome to the site.
Clear tips can be used with either L&P or Gel and yes you blend them first.
White tips are fine for people with long nail beds, other wise they can make the natural nails look short and stumpy ( although you can file out some of the well to give a more smiley smile line)

All you need to do with the white tips is remove the shine from them with a 240 grit, it is always a good idea to go over the tip with white L&P to practise your smile lines, they are not advised to be used with the gel as the UV cannot penetrate through the white to cure properly, so a clear tip work best for this, although I have never had a problem myself using natural.

Thank you very much Jac. Now it's clear to me :)

Latest posts

Back