About to sign up for Beauty NVQ

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissD

Reaction score
Passed a huge poster this morning telling the that the new courses for September for the college are available now. So I'm about to enrol on the Beauty NVQ one. But have to admit, i'm scared! I did 3 years at college to do the hair NVQ so not sure why I'm so nervous about even picking up the phone for this one! :|
Has anyone on here who's done the Beauty NVQ got any calming pearls of wisdom for me please???

Hi i applied for my Beauty Level 2 course a few months ago, i had to fill out an application form and then wait for an interview letter, at the interview they asked me questions like why i wanted to do beauty, what i expected from the college and what i wanted to do in the future after college and some other questions, and there was a presentation before my interview.
I would also check about funding because if you are over 19 and already hold a level 2 qualification then you have to pay for your courses, im not sure if you still have to pay for the course if your under 19 and already hold a level 2 qualification, your best to check with your college. My college charges £1500 a year for their level 2 and the same for level 3 so it is quite expensive and there are kit and uniform costs on top of that.
I wish you luck with your application.

Thanks for the reply! :green:
I am excited about it, i've wanted to do it since I was 16 but dead end job kind of roped me in. Now I'm 26 thought I would bite the bullet and go for it. I applied for help with the hair NVQ I did 3 years ago and was told I am basically over-qualified and earn too much. (I knew going to a good school and working full time would come back to bite me! :wink2: Ah well!
I think I'll give them a call and see what they say. My interview for hair wasn't so bad so hopefully this will be ok too.

Latest posts

Back