Acceptable to work from home?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan&Wax

Reaction score
Hi there

Just wanted a bit of feedback really as I am not sure what I think..

I do mobile tanning and now waxing, recently qualified with Andy to do male waxing and going on a course with kim to do female intimate.

The realy issue I have is where to carry it out. I don't mind doing mobile but its a bit of a faff - I've got all the kit - a mobile couch etc and all my perron rigot wax kit.

I've had a look at renting rooms but most rooms are up for full time and quite honestly I cant really afford it. I've spent about 2k on training and brought the best kit I can and also I don't want the room just sitting there while I build up my clientel.

My hubby has suggested I work from home. I have 3 children and I would not work while they were around so that restricts me to working from about 7pm or at weekends. The room I have is private and cant be reached by the kids. To be honest they are all very young and cant even manage to open their bedroom door as its a bit stiff. Also the safety factor, my hubby doesnt like the idea of me doing male waxing mobile. Im going to see if I can attach a few pics of my therapy room to see if it looks suitable. Im just a bit nervous about it all really. Do people think you are professional if you work from home or is the perception that you area trying to cut corners?

i cant attach my pics they are too big, will try and find another way,,

Caroline xxx

oops im sorry i meant to post this on the biz board!! xxx

It will be as professional or unprofessional as you make it regardless of where you work. The proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say and until you start offering the service you will not know if it is in demand. Go for it I say, do a good job, in a clean professional environment and there is no reason for a client to think they are in anywhere but a professional treatment room- just make sure it looks like one. :hug:

Many people prefer home salons,it can seem a lot more personal for them and thats what they like.

Latest posts

Back