Accepting tips?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im always very grateful for any tips i recieve and i put them in a pot and at the end of the year i donate it to charity.

My sister works in a different industry but they have t taxes and c charges which you get when your incredibly rude and they make a huge amount off of those that goes to charity each year. I will let you assume what the t and c stand for.

The best tip i have received though was an almighty bottle of champs worth a couple of hundred form the top gear boys for sorting out their catering where i used to work. Felt sooo chuffed with that considering i was only 16 and had no clue what i was doing let alone being left to manage 40 men on my own!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

In all honesty £80 is a lot of money to a lot of people. I know my partner would probably do just that because as a student getting her hair done is a real treat for her and £80 is a chunk of money away from the house. I wouldn't dream of spending that on my hair but that's men I think ;)

I don't remember last time I spent £80 on myself.

It's a massive amount of money! I begrudge paying £60 for my hair, I think I see it more as something that I would do - I'd feel really cheap to watch some one find change for £2. I'd rather just tell them to keep the change, however for some reason I don't feel this way if something's £8 and I need to give them change from £10. Don't ask me why! My mind works in strange ways...

I used to find it slightly awkward to accept tips but now I just say thank you and accept graciously!

Bit awkward over Christmas I took payment for a clients treatment and she said 'Oh, keep the change for yourself!' I was about to say thank you as I realised it was 4p!!! :sad:

Funny thing was, just as she said good bye, my next client came in with a HUGE box of chocolates and a bottle of Veuve! :lick: I love my ladies, they're the bestest! x:D

I used to feel very awkward acepting tips but now I always say thank you very much & put it in my tin. I plan to open it befote I go to professional beauty at Manchester in oct.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm happy to accept my tips but I am quite a big tipper when I do go somewhere aswell

It's a massive amount of money! I begrudge paying £60 for my hair, I think I see it more as something that I would do - I'd feel really cheap to watch some one find change for £2. I'd rather just tell them to keep the change, however for some reason I don't feel this way if something's £8 and I need to give them change from £10. Don't ask me why! My mind works in strange ways...

She would deff tip the odd change and round it up but never an extra £10 for example no matter how happy with the service.

I've never seen anyone volunteering to pay extra for there printing ;)

By the way my tipping experience wasn't a jest, she really did give me a spanking new hand bag!

She would deff tip the odd change and round it up but never an extra £10 for example no matter how happy with the service.

I've never seen anyone volunteering to pay extra for there printing ;)

Haha I agree I've never tipped more than £5, no matter how happy I am with the service. I think it's strange that we only really tip food service/hair/treatments. I recently bought a new laptop, didn't have a clue what I wanted - I'm sure I was the guys worst nightmare. He was so helpful and patient I really wanted to tip him but felt stupid saying here's some money for your help! I know they get commission so it's slightly different, but still wanted something to say thank you!

I don't know if my last comment made sense, I meant I don't expect someone paying for something of low value like an eyebrow wax for example to tip me. Maybe as I've not really done that much for them, over someone I've spent 2 hours with.

I hated it in America for tips. I found it so rude to be expected to tip someone bringing me a drink from the bar to my table! Drove me crazy!

I tip most places I go to hairdressers, restaurants. I have worked in a salon for 7 years and know most of the clients well and am still to this day surprised when I get tips. They range from £1.00 to the £20 I always say ohh you don't have to...and on more than one occasion clients I know well shove it in my hand and say yes I do! , you listen to all my problems its the least I can do. Almost as if they are paying for a therapy session lol.

the most i ever tipped was £20 to my tattooist he did a fabulous job and put up with me for 4 hours thought he deserved it plus he gave me my final hour session free :)

I have one woman who has a lip wax for £4 amd she always pays me £8! ;) shame it doesn't work on a £55 body wrap. £110 would be nice haha xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

In the two years I have traded in my hair salon I have the vast sum of 20p from a old lady who I made a cup of tea, she handed me the 20p told me I had made a lovely cup, did I like being a junior member of staff and she would be sure to tell my boss how hard I worked sweeping and cleaning up...I AM THE GOD DAMN BOSS!! - I didn't have the heart to tell her, said thank you and skulked off rather quickly. All the girls laughed out loud when she had gone! DOH!...after showing me there array of tips of £20 notes!

Suppose it would help if I could cut hair!

Latest posts

Back