Acetone and spray tan!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tenorcutie

CND EA
Reaction score
Hi folks,

Will acetone remove an already developed spray tan?!?!

I had a client last night who wanted gels removed and acrylics put on but had literally just had a spray tan i advised that soaking them off last night would remove her tan as shed only just had it done but once she had left it on for the correct development time and washed it off then there shouldnt be a problem doing her nails.

The group she was in with last night is booked in again today but ive just had a call from them saying that the girl from last night has cancelled her nails as she really likes her tan and doesnt want it ruined.

Now im doubting myself.................i was under the impression that as long as the tan was developed properly then doing her nails today would be ok?! Is this not the case?

Sorry this is long winded and a bit garbled..............just dont want to advise or do the service without double checking!

thanks geeks

What about removing the acrylics with the new magis Wraps as the acetone or product remover would be concentrated just on the acrylic, unlike the soaking off method where the whole fingertips are submerged.

I'm afraid your client is right, that exposing her spray tanned skin to acetone will remove her spray tan. I know from personal experience!

Not forgetting that prolonged exposure to any liquid, including plain old water will hasten the fading of a spray tan (which is why we suggest short showers rather than having baths to ensure the spray tan remains locked-in and lasts as long as possible).

Personally I would soak a small nail sized piece on cotton pad with acetone, place on the clients fingernail and wrap in tin foil. Be careful not to put too much acetone as when you squeeze the foil on the finger the excess may run a little. You could also advice the client to let her fingers hang downwards to prevent any acetone dripping upward onto the tanned finger?

Yes, acetone will remove a developed spray tan.

As a spray tan therapist, acetone is your friend :)

I have a bottle of acetone in my studio so that i can use it to remove any residual from my hands after a full day of spraying :) (if youre doing back to backs all day gloves are soooo annoying and sweaty so by 3pm on a busy day the gloves are off for me :) )

its also great to have on hand in luggage if youre mobile....

in time when you build your clientele and reputation, you will be getting calls to fix a nightmare spray tan that clients have either from @ home spraying nighmares or inexperienced techs ..... acetone is a key sundry to have on hand for such situations.

also, from years of dealing with clients complaining about the skin on their finger tips becoming orange (even after we have instructed "DO NOT TOUCH YOURSELF" lol) when they come in you can use the acetone on a qtip or cotton swab to remove for them :)

Latest posts

Back