Acetone, is it safe enough?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nvc nails

Reaction score
Just food for thoughts. I was wondering...

Is acetone safe enough to use every two weeks (ten-fifteen minutes). It is a chemical, and I read that long term use can cause kidney/liver diseases, and you should always wear gloves if it contacts the skin. WEll, a little difficult to do that if you are soaking off the gel polish/shellac. :wink2:
I use it for around 3 years now (first plain acetone, then gelish remover and nourishing remover cnd). Is filing the gelish/shellac of safer, I know it can lead to damaged nails if you overfile, but no chemical stuff in your bloodstream then. Not that I ever filed the gel polish/shellac of, I always soak with wraps. But just wondering how you all think about using acetone.

doug schoon acetone

https://www.facebook.com/quicksoakbowl/posts/278905395543890

Contact Schoon Scientific and Regulatory Consulting, LLC, for consulting services

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Structure-Product-Chemistry-Douglas-Schoon/dp/140186709X

if you are worried perhaps read his info he has to provide, this is a man in the know and very very well respected ,who could be more qualified, try sending a message to him regarding acetone use in our industry he maybe able to send some literature,obviously he is a very busy man but you never know
of course there is always his book

Last edited:
Thanx KatieD for the links... :hug:

Thanks from me too! The first time I used acetone on a friend, her fingertips went white, and so did she! Major panic :Scared: I now know it's because of the dehydration of the skin and nails. But to be honest, it still scares me a little bit. I think I may be a born wuss, but at my age, I'll live with it :biggrin:

Thanks from me too! The first time I used acetone on a friend, her fingertips went white, and so did she! Major panic :Scared: I now know it's because of the dehydration of the skin and nails. But to be honest, it still scares me a little bit. I think I may be a born wuss, but at my age, I'll live with it :biggrin:

very funny storie..:biggrin:
you are both very welcome,
hope you get the info needed xx

Latest posts

Back