Acetone or specific remover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I currently use pure acetone to remoce shellac and gelish on my clients.
Once nourish came out by Cnd I tried it, and feel like it took longer than pure acetone. Has anyone else experienced this? Is dsolve better? Is it really worth the extra money compared to acetone?
Also, I have never tried nail harmonys remover to remove gelish. Does it speedbup the process? I am so used to the ease I'd removing shellac, I always dread removing gelish.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using SalonGeek

I use the remover from Gelish and it removes it between 15-20 minutes. Depends on how many coats or if I've used structure. Rockstars always take longer to remove also.

Ive tried a few different ways with removing gelish recently, acetone, dsolve, cnd nourishing remover, with and without buffing topcoat and ive finally cracked it! Lightly buff topcoat with a block buffer, magis remover wraps, saturated with the gelish remover, 13-15 mins totally clean removal :) haven't tried this yet with a client that has had structure tho. Hth xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'm using gelish remover, small piece of cotton pad & hairdressers foil (it's nice and strong) but I'm gonna swap to D-solve as ive been told it's just as good and way cheaper.

do you not find the pure acetone really drying on the skin?

I use d.solve just now and tested the nourishing conditioner when I got a small sample in the brisa lite kits and its amazing. Can't wait to use up my d.solve so I can buy the nourishing. It soaked off after 8mins and was a very clean removal, very pleasant smell and wasn't as much skin dehydration after removed.

I have to say I use nourishing remover to remove shellac, gellux and brisa lite sculpting and smoothing, no problems at all, very fast, the clients and myself love the smell and the fingers/skin/nails don't dry up as much as would using acetone, so win win. I use either CND wraps or hi light foil from capital as fab size and can tear to the length I want.

You're all going to shoot me down when I tell you how I remove so I'll duck for cover now.....

I use Gelish and tried their remover which was okay. I then went on to acetone which was quicker but drying. Then one day I forgot to bring my acetone so attempted to remove the Gelish with my Sainsbury's own brand polish remover....and guess what? It worked a treat! I use it the same way as the Gelish remover, foils, cotton, and it just flakes off without damage to the nail p,ate. I buy the one with conditioner, it doesn't dry and works just as quickly as the Gelish remover. The major bonus is the amount of money I save!

Off now to hide behind the sofa. :eek:

At least you were honest!! X

Latest posts

Back