Acetone proof gloves for Shellac removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a pump dispenser and the magis wraps and it still gets one of my nails, when I press the wrap down on the pump then lift it up sometimes a bit runs down the wrap onto my nails.

I've tried not pressing a full pump but then it's not enough, maybe it's certain pump bottles?? X

I use a pump dispenser and the magis wraps and it still gets one of my nails, when I press the wrap down on the pump then lift it up sometimes a bit runs down the wrap onto my nails.

I've tried not pressing a full pump but then it's not enough, maybe it's certain pump bottles?? X

I think that it must be as mine doesn't go on my nails at all.

Ok maybe I'll change mine then, can I just ask which ones you all use please? mine are the ones from sallys that are acetone safe and don't leak thanks xx

Because when using wraps you soak a pad with acetone then wrap it up. How are you soaking shellac off?

If you are using the right amount of acetone it shouldn't be getting all over you or your client which is the whole purpose of using wraps or cotton/foil. The acetone should only come in contact with their nail, not their skin. That is why I was asking.

I use the cotton wool and foil method to soak Shellac off and find that the end on my left thumb nail starts to curl up from holding the cotton wool in place while I wrap the foil. So I figured that if foil kept the acetone from leaking out it would also keep it from leaking in. I now wrap my thumb in foil while wrapping my clients nails and it works like a charm.

I pick up the soaked pad with my tweezers so don't touch it at all.

I actually found the opposite. My nitrile gloves do melt just a little bit with acetone, latex are 100% fine :)

I use Thimblettes on my right hand thumb, index and middle fingers if I'm concerned about wrecking my own manicure. I use a pump as well, but I find it can splash, and if I'm doing several removals in a row, this helps keep my manicure nice and shiny.

15 Assorted Size Rubber Finger Cones Thimblettes: Amazon.co.uk: Office Products

Cheap, reusable, and easy to get on and off. You can get these in office supply stores (accountants and bank staff use them). MUCH easier than mucking about with gloves, and acetone doesn't hurt them.

Latest posts

Back