Achieving bright coppers!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joz99

Reaction score
I have a client who when she came to me she had roots base 7, she wanted to break up block colour on ends which was build of box dyes, faded to warm blonde. She didn't want to have a bad regrowth so I did full head foils of 7 and bleach 20vols, doing two 7 to one bleach on parting section.
Nxt appointment then decided she wanted some copper pieces through so I did 7 (on its own) and 7.44 on its own some slices and some weaves) I also prepigged these foils with affinage pre pig to try and hold colour better on hair that had previously been bleached. The copper still didn't come out as bright as I wanted...probably because some of copper went over previously tinted hair. She was happy with the subtle result.

This time she wants to have 8.34 and 7.44 (contemplating 7.44 all over colour) ,now I'm thinking that she has large build up of tint and tint won't lift tint so I should ideally remove some colour with a low % bleach bath so I can achieve a fresh colour? Was going to suggest to her having foils with 8.34 and 7.44 and 8 or 7 tinted between x
Also think I could use dia richesse instead of majirel, she has no grey...do u think il achieve bright enough coppers with this method.

Last edited:
She was a base 7 and you used bleach and 12%, then applied a tint as a lowlight? I certainly wouldn't recommend a bleach bath over hair.

Bleach and 12% isn't needed and isn't recommended either.

You will have issues with porosity and the colour holding as such a high peroxide was used.

Yes use dialight and focus in covering the blonde areas with the copper.

Just to add that no need a add a 7 into the copper as it would subdue the tone you want. Just the copper colour on it own is fine- that's probably why it wasn't bright enough first time round.

I put wrong % I didn't use 40 I used 20 I'm not with it today lol x

I've read through my post and modified it I should have checked it before I posted.

It might be that you just need to do a very very mild bleach bath, or perhaps a gentle cleanse with Effasor? Then you could scatter your bleach foils and paint your copper in between - a lady I used to work with had a few clients who had 7.44 and bleach foils, and she used to emulsify the copper into the blonde at the basin for a few minutes - it gave a really nice soft coppery blonde x

I would use a 7.44 and add a inch of a yellow pigment it will stop it from going too red and muggy- tell her to buy copper shampoo too x

Latest posts

Back