Achieving this purple?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starboltz

Reaction score
My client just said plummy purple, so now I'm out looking for colour haha

Was thinking of just using 6-99 in igora, but worried it may come up too dark?

I'm still new to igora

Attachments

• d3f9d196ffe7548ebbd6aee73b78fc9a-1.jpg
    d3f9d196ffe7548ebbd6aee73b78fc9a-1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 89
Joico do some amazing fashion tones [emoji5]️ can always use a higher peroxide if you think it will be too dark x

So
Joico do some amazing fashion tones [emoji5]️ can always use a higher peroxide if you think it will be too dark x
instead of using 20 vol use 30?

Yeah [emoji5]️

So instead of using 20 vol use 30?

Noooo! That's plain wrong advice.

As professionals it our duty to educate ourselves properly about the role of peroxide in hair colouring rather than making it up as we go along.

Noooo! That's plain wrong advice.

As professionals it our duty to educate ourselves properly about the role of peroxide in hair colouring rather than making it up as we go along.

Only offered my advice from my own experience. Quite harsh but each to their own [emoji106]

It might seem lighter because you're probably blowing the tone out with the higher peroxides. It's also extra damage to the hair which will cause it to fade quicker.

Only offered my advice from my own experience. Quite harsh but each to their own [emoji106]
But it won't be a better colour result in the long run. If you use to high a peroxide you can get uneven colour which will fade much faster than it should.

I don't know if it's the same I'm scwarzkopf but in Wella you can mix a vibrant tone with 10/0 to make it brighter x

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

@lorna_, I realise you think you're helping BUT, this is a professional forum not a DIY group.

It's important that any advice posted regarding the use of chemicals is technically correct and preferably in line with manufacturers guidelines.

Posting formulas for particular shades that you've experimented with is exactly what this forum is about, but it has to be based on the correct chemistry.

Using a higher volume/percentage of developer is not the correct way to make a tint lighter. All you are doing is lightening the hair more than it needs to be. If you don't understand how peroxide works, you really owe it to yourself and your clients to educate yourself properly.

Thanks for advice, did her hair today with 6-88, 6-99 and 0-99 mix tone.

Obviously I changed the formula, as when I got there she now wanted a red/plumy colour

Latest posts

Back