Acne, b12 deficiency and best treatment?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eden_beauty

Reaction score
Hi Guys.....Ok so a couple of months ago my doc did some blood tests as I was feeling very tired and shakey etc and he said I had a vit b12 deficiency so he put me on tablets for 3 mths...they are very high strength but apparently you can't overdose on vit b12 (anything your system doesnt use gets flushed out when you pee :) nice)

Anyway my skin has never been great, have the occasional breakouts like most do but lately my skin has been really breaking out all over the place and the sides of my face are really itchy too. The spots are the papule ones really big underneath the skin ones that are really sore. They eventually come out and bad though i know it is i pop them and put tea tree on etc to try to clear but I'm left with small scars from where they were and I really want to find a treatment or cream regime I can use at home to help cleanse my skin (as i don't know if it is the b12 causing this but I want to do something to help my skin in the process)

Is there anything other skin geeks can advise me to use that helps with scarring and cleansing skin. I try to steam and exfoliate once a week etc but need something more I feel so that the small scars i have go away (hopefully) Also is there any other reason I could be getting these cist like spots? I am not on meds but will get other hormones checked soon also (could be this i know) but if you know of any other reasons why let me know........sorry for long post!!

Tks

Lisa

Hiya,
I would go to a reputable salon/spa and have a course of dermaroller treatments,this is very good for scarring.
Or you could go for a course of Micro dermabrasion treatments which help with removing dead skin cells and pustules,also because it is deep cleaning this should help prevent the cysts from recurring.
You could also go for pixel laser treatments which again help with scarring.

Product wise I would have a skin analysis done and let them recommend products to you.Skin-med do a host of excellent products for different problems with the skin.

If you want to very good foundation which covers scaring I cant recommend Lycogel highly enough.It's a breathable camourflage foundation.I use it myself as I have pigmentation issues and it is fantastic as can be applied directly after waxing or other skin treatments and has a spf 30 in it.HTH a little

ps the Visia skin analysis is spot on,it takes a photograph of your skin you should then get spot on advice as to what your needs are and the best course of action.

Last edited:
I'd suggest using aqueous cream as a cleanser, neutrogena (the blue label versions) for a moisturiser and benzoyl peroxide - Brevoxyl which is the 4% one. You need to stick at it for at least 6 months before you notice a real improvement but after that you'll have great looking skin which just needs some maintenence daily with the brevoxyl.

This is what the Acne Society (ie dermatologists - Drs) in London based at Charing Cross Hospital reccomend to all of their people who have had roaccutane and others and have had no improvement. ie the treatment resistant cases.

I recommend this to all of my patients who come with acne, something which one of my colleagues uses which is similar is quinoderm and it can be bought over the counter too.thats benzoyl peroxide 10% but it works very well.

Perseverence is the key!

Latest posts

Back