Acne prone skin, foundation recommendation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurenbecky

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i want to try a new foundation but with so many on the market i don't know what one to get!:eek:

Basically i'm on medication to improve my acne prone skin so i want something quite thick, im quite light aswell, could anyone recommend a good one?I don't mind how much it costs aslong as the qualitys good!

Hi everyone, i want to try a new foundation but with so many on the market i don't know what one to get!:eek:

Basically i'm on medication to improve my acne prone skin so i want something quite thick, im quite light aswell, could anyone recommend a good one?I don't mind how much it costs aslong as the qualitys good!
I use Mac studio tech as non comedogenic and oil free so good for spot prone skin, comes in different tones and loads of shades. xx

Mac studio fix fluid Rimmel 25 hr is oil free and pretty thick good coverage and mayballine 24 hr superstay I think it's called is good. Nars sheer glow.

I use CoffeeBerry® Perfecting Minerals SPF25 100% natural (I also use their skincare range its fantastic!)
Non-Comedogenic, Non-Acnegenic and paraben free
CoffeeBerry is 3 x stronger antioxident than Green tea
You do have to work up the layers dependent on coverage
It is ver calming on the skin I use on clients after threading or microdermabrasion. :)

I have acne prone skin too and use either Estee Lauder double wear or MAC studio fix, but the double wear stays a true colour and doesn't slip as much as the studio fix (which I find needs quite a bit of powder - the double wear doesn't need powder at all in order to stay put). The coverage of them both is similar.

I would be careful with mineral makeup, it irritates my skin and makes my acne flare up. It might agree with you, but in my experience the coverage is poor and the buffing application is very irritating to a sensitive, acne-prone skin. I loathe minerals so I'm biased, but I would never use them or recommend them. I know a number of makeup artists who say the same, but some folk do seem to love them - they're like marmite!

Latest posts

Back