Acne Scars

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DollBird

Reaction score
Hi Girls and Boys,

I hopped over from the nail geek forum to ask a question.
When I was younger 15-17 I had severe acne, awful as a kid! I was given ro-acutane eventually and this worked like a miracle.
I am now 23 and have much ,much better skin. I also have small scars from my acne. They are not very noticable but I know they are there and would like to improve them.
I know that a scar is a scar but I have also heard of the many lazer,skin peels, cremes and wondered what the experts thought?
I currently use products from the Philosophy range but wondered if I could be doing more to reduce or clear or improve the scars.

Thanks for reading x

I use Crystal Clear Microdermabrasion on my clients with acne scarring.

It's very effective in reducing acne scarring, depending on how long the scars have been there for. All of my clients have been happy with their results. One of my clients has nearly disappeared after only 7 treatments.

I have a client who went for a peel that cost her about £600 at a clinic on Harley Street and I saw minimal difference with her scarring, and now she's been told she has to have the more advance painful one!

I use the CACI Ultra machine for this and had good results. It uses ultrasonic skin-peeling combined with micro-current & a fibrolytic effect to achieve this. However, like all things it requires several treatments to have an effect depending upon severity, age of scars etc; treatments take about 30 mins a session.

i had a facial peel on my acne scars and it worked great also inbetween i use bio oil

i have a friend who had a course of about four AHA facial peels and it worked a treat for them, it was dep scarring they had also but really improved the appearance of them. x x

Agreed AHA peels are very effective in treating such scars; I've used the Decleor one, which is a 16% AHA peel.

Thanks for all your suggestions. These treatments are obviously available in clinics so I might treat myself at Christmas. Again thanks for taking the time to reply x

Try go to a Danne Montague King clinic for a paramedical treatment these are the strongest on the market and work wonders

Latest posts

Back