Acne!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have a relative who was prescribed roaccutane as she had severe acne on her cheeks ever since she was a teen

her skin has cleared up alot, she said it was hard to stick to it but now she is really happy as her skins looks so good

Hi

i am 27 years old and i have suffered from acne since is was 13.

i suffer with it on my face, back, chest and sometimes upper shoulders.

its awful, i cant wear any perfumed creams/moisturisers, and when i want to go out i have to find clothes that cover my upper body, as i worry people are looking at it.

I have gone and bought Halibut liver oil, i am hoping this may help. I have previously been given oxytetracycline by my GP...but this did not work.

i am so fed up of it i understand how others maybe feeling.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which cleansers/moisturisers i could use? i cant seem to find any that help me........

Thanks for putting this thread on, it helps knowing i am not the only adult who suffers from acne!

Thanks

hi for active acne you need to be on anti biotics, other wise microdermabrasion helps especially if you have scarring also skin peels for scarring...i wouldnt bother with anything you can buy from debenhams/boots/wherever as they dont contain the ingredients needed to help with your skin (im talking from experience here) you will need a cleanser with AHA in and a cream/gel specially formulated for your type of acne (these products you can't buy from any department stores) i would recommend going to see a dermatologist as your GP will just put you on any old thing which may/may not work for you. hth x

Hiya

thanks

yes i have been thinking about visiting a laser clinic where they do skin peels etc.

they are just a bit expensive thats all, but i will look in to it.

Thanks

:)

I think that when someone has severe prolonged acne there really is not a lot a beauty therapist can recommend.
The strength of anything we are able to use is often not enough and in trying different treatments we can often prolong what is really needed and in that time scarring can occur which is often for life.
I always recommend someone with severe acne see a doctor.

i agree, beauty thearapy does have it's limits re: acne and severe skin conditions, there's also the possiblity that the area can become infected and spread if it is tampered with etc. To be honest i think anyone with any type of acne should see a skin doctor

also...

regarding skin peels and microderm, the treatment won't be carried out if you have active acne, generally these treatments are only carried out on scarring and are very affective for that.

Yasmin (the oral contraceptive) has really helped my skin & my hair as well - it doesn't stop the oil production but controls it. My skin has never looked back!

Well

unfortunatly i have just come off the pill, and i have really noticed that my skin has gotten worse over the last month or so......

maybe its worth reconsidering returning to it.......

i guess i will go back to the docs and see what they suggest.

Thank you again

my mum and sister have it - my mum is on roacutane..my sister found 'dianet' the pill works for her, cleared her up like a charm go back to the doc and tell them to give yu a different pil..

Yes i think the docs suggested that pill before.

i am planning to get an appointment tommorow.....

Thank you

Latest posts

Back