Acrylic course confusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missy1981

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I really need your help.

I trained with Harmony earlier in the year. I just did the Gelish course. I absolutely loved it and the training I received was fab.

I now want to do an acrylic course and would love to train with Harmony again as would love to stick with one brand.

However my only worry is that the course is only 4 days. Is this enough time to learn a completely new skill? I've never used L&P before.

I spoke to sweet squared who are in the process of redoing their education and she told me that their course is 9 days and some kit is included in the cost. Obv theirs is more expensive.

Ideally I would love to stay with Harmony but it's a lot of money to pay and I'm worried 4 days isn't long enough. I appreciate practise makes perfect and I will have to keep on practising after the course. However has anyone done this course or the CND course and could offer me some advice?

Thank you so much everyone

Sarah xx

4 days for just acrylic should be fine and nail harmony are one of the better companies, it's quick one day courses of 5 hours or so that are bad and. Yes after your training it's practice practice practice.

I trained with NSI and done a 4 day acrylic course, though it was one day a week over 4 weeks, so really it was a 4 week course with the home study and practice out of class. I found I brilliant!
Maybe Harmony does the same sort of thing? Even if it's 4 days in the one week you will e expected to practice practice practice at home afterwards before you take clients :) you should be fine!! :)
Xxxxx

I've just done a harmony conversion course for acrylic and my educator Debbie was amazing! She was patient and encouraging and I'm a lot more confident - go for it I'd say x

I think it depends on how you learn when i did mine it was for 6 weeks out of my beauty course i didnt feel confident at all i went back and did level 3 nails for a year at night i felt at alot better i actually found sone pictures of nails i did before the year course was totally terrible

Sent from my LG-E610 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone. Think I will take the plunge then.

Annoyingly I had two ladies ring me today asking for acrylics! Which obv currently I don't do, so I'm hoping this will bring me some more business. Xx

The course structure is usually days 1 & 2 in a row, 2 week break day 3, 2 week break day 4 with evaluation.

It works out roughly as:

Day 1: Fundamentals of product control, tip application plus the health safety, product knowledge & so on

Day 2: Fundamentals of sculpting

Day 3: Forever French sculpting

Day 4: Infilling/rebalancing procedure plus assessment of sculpted French nail.

You produce a portfolio during this time.

The classes are very small & the quality of instruction high. You literally have someone sitting next to you watching & advising for long periods of the day - it is intensive.

In my opinion it is long enough to give the attendee a thorough grounding in the chosen discipline. Obviously there will be room for growth but the nails you produce at the end of this course will be of a professional standard :biggrin:

Hi

Im about to start the acrylic course with harmony and the lady who is doing the training sounds so supportive and I am so excited

Marie

Latest posts

Back