Acrylic dual nail moulds reviews

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popart

Reaction score
Hey! I have started using these molds on friends to see how they are, I find that air bubbles are a problem! Has anyone used them before? full set of acrlyics in 30 minutes is a bonus.

Thanks x

A full set in 30 minutes?

What nail system are you using to do this? Would be interesting to see how this is achieved and as to how long these would even last for, this sounds to me like a rio pop acrylic kit..

A full set in 30 minutes?

What nail system are you using to do this? Would be interesting to see how this is achieved and as to how long these would even last for, this sounds to me like a rio pop acrylic kit..

Any acrylic system can be used apart from tip n dip.
I'm sure they are called popits/ dual forms

Just seemed like a strange way of applying acrylics, don't think i'd get along with this, I'd end up with air bubbles and lifting knowing me! I'll just stick to my way, but very interesting application technique! x

Just seemed like a strange way of applying acrylics, don't think i'd get along with this, I'd end up with air bubbles and lifting knowing me! I'll just stick to my way, but very interesting application technique! x

youtube videos of it !!
im sure there is step by step instructions somewere on salon geek , regarding this.,

They are supposed to be very popular for the prom season , you tube it you may understand it better x

Oh and search past threads to regarding it

Look up Gemma Lambert or Nailzoo they show it on youtube.
Its amazing, I got them from Naoi nails.
Wouldnt use the rio stuff to be honest lol.

I get about 8 nails perfect and they def do last, you can do easy infills with them as well. Just wondering if anyone else has used them, would love to hear their views :)

Have a search for Popits on here there is also a group I believe. S2 used to sell them , don't think they do any more now though (not sure why) Geeg also has a tutorial in the tutorials section. They aren't a new thing and there is tons of info on here about how to prevent bubbles etc :)

Hey! I have started using these molds on friends to see how they are, I find that air bubbles are a problem! Has anyone used them before? full set of acrlyics in 30 minutes is a bonus.

Thanks x

I find once you place the bead into the mold, to let it rest a bit before you press it. That should eliminate bubbles. HTH! :)

I get bubbles too but I get impatient and dont let it rest long enough. Have done a few sets now and they look really nice, it helped me at first when I was struggling with the apex and the aesthetic balance of the nail. The other bonus is if they go well they are perfectly glossy , no need for buffing and filing. The edge do them as well. I havent tried a french yet as I worry that the smile line would end up in the wrong place, I have done them using whitle welless competition tips but when the natural nail grows you can see it from the back of the hand causing a lip against the underside of the tip. Wont try that again only blended tips . I am now chomping at the bit to perfect my L&P technique the "old Fashioned" way

I get bubbles too but I get impatient and dont let it rest long enough. Have done a few sets now and they look really nice, it helped me at first when I was struggling with the apex and the aesthetic balance of the nail. The other bonus is if they go well they are perfectly glossy , no need for buffing and filing. The edge do them as well. I havent tried a french yet as I worry that the smile line would end up in the wrong place, I have done them using whitle welless competition tips but when the natural nail grows you can see it from the back of the hand causing a lip against the underside of the tip. Wont try that again only blended tips . I am now chomping at the bit to perfect my L&P technique the "old Fashioned" way

I done my own white tip and can honestly say it was a total disaster! haha.
They have been out since 2009 and Im only getting wift of them now (seriously like) must be so behind in times lol.

Thanks all xx

I love popits and do use them a fair bit, I don't do many acrylics, I mostly have shellac clients but the ones I do love popits and are amazed at the concept and watch wide eyed as they come to life. My daughter is a big fan too and as a hairdresser has no trouble in getting 2-3 weeks from them.

Latest posts

Back