Acrylic Glitter displays

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AGENT1

Reaction score
Hi fellow geeks, just wondered if anyone had any ideas, i have done a search but couldnt find anythin.....

Right, I am mobile at the moment, i currently do Sculpt Acrylic, and use all the different coloured acrylic and glitters that you can think of, They are really popular at the moment but when i show people the colours in the tubs they dont do them justice, as they become more vibrant once set and buffed etc, I really want to show them off and display the different colours and glitters and promote them to the max, i used to display them on a nail art wheel but the nails kept snaping off.

I thought a clear ruler would be ideal (shape and size) to display them but doesnt look very proffesional.
I was thinking of putting them on a SMALL perspex sheet of some kind, but wouldnt know where to start,

Does anyone have any ideas on how to display them, remember that i am mobile and pushed for space.

Sorry for rambling and i hope this makes sence. lol any ideas would be great.

Thanks Geeks

I display mine on a display card which I got from the company that I trained with, this is only helpful if you use a nail trainer though as the nails click into the card.

HTH Teri x:hug:

What about the polish display wheels you can buy? Kinda a round disc with nail shaped bits all around it. Seen some on ebay, don't know who supplies them in the uk. You could coat each one with a different glitter acrylic, would probably look really good!

this is how i display mine, either a casset or cd cover create your colours on tips then blue tac them to the inside of an empty casset cover or cd cover, it sounds naff but it looks really good

Not sure how to do a link but if you take a look at my current thread "Please tell me what you think of my artwork" you will see how I have displayed my glitters hth x

this is how i display mine, either a casset or cd cover create your colours on tips then blue tac them to the inside of an empty casset cover or cd cover, it sounds naff but it looks really good

Yeah was thinking that myself, i went to hobbycraft last night, spent a small fortune, there is loads in there for nail art, lol, but i got some small square sheets of purspex, i just etched the top and put a small blob of each colour arcylic and glitter acrylic on it to display them the acrylic sticks like a treat and it looks ok,

Not sure how to do a link but if you take a look at my current thread "Please tell me what you think of my artwork" you will see how I have displayed my glitters hth x

Excellent work, i am a glitter fairy so love the sparkly ones, great work. some nice designs there x

I'm mobile too and use CD cases like Joanne. It's really quite effective and doesn't take up much space.

I used to carry colour wheels around with me , but gave up doing it as "little fingers" kept breaking them etc.

Now what I do, is take pictures of all the art work that I do (with the permission of the client) or any art work on myself, and print them on to photo paper. So now I have a folio full of different designs, in a little plastic folder. Each set of pictures are kept in a little plastic wallet to protect them.
They fit in my case nice and flat, most of the designs are on "real" hands, and it's so easy to just add photo's to it.

My client's love having a flick through it.

If you have a camera, why not try it?

HTH:)

I used to carry colour wheels around with me , but gave up doing it as "little fingers" kept breaking them etc.

Now what I do, is take pictures of all the art work that I do (with the permission of the client) or any art work on myself, and print them on to photo paper. So now I have a folio full of different designs, in a little plastic folder. Each set of pictures are kept in a little plastic wallet to protect them.
They fit in my case nice and flat, most of the designs are on "real" hands, and it's so easy to just add photo's to it.

My client's love having a flick through it.

If you have a camera, why not try it?

HTH:)

Thanks what a great idea that way they can really see what it looks like in real life (so to speak) lol, will have to remember my camera with me,

Thanks

I have a portfolio of photos.. but also.. my glitters are in pots with white lids.. so I have just filed the lids (roughened them up) and put a big blob of the acrylic on the top of the lid.. sculpted it into a button shape (about 1.5cm diam and about 5mm thick) and buffed to a shine.. makes it really easy for me to find the right pot too!

Latest posts

Back