Acrylic help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michellelynn93

Reaction score
Hey everyone! i'm new to this site and new to doing acrylic. i was just wandering around KMart one day when i saw a Kiss acrylic set and decided to buy it. i always loved getting my nails done but it just got so darn expensive so i thought maybe i could do them myself. i thought it looked quite easy at the salon, but boy was i WRONG!! i've done sets on my daughter a few times and did it on myself and i'm not so good..from far away, my french manicure looks ok haha but up close they look kinda crappy :( i actually really want to learn how to do this, maybe for a living. i'm a stay at home mom but i really want to get back to work some day soon! i don't know how much classes/school costs and i don't know if i could even go seeing as i didn't graduate HS or get a GED yet (which i'm working on now). i would really like some advice on ANYTHING concerning acrylic! right now i'm using No Lift Nails for the L&P, but my nails keep lifting on the sides and i keep watching youtube videos and they just make it look so easy! :( any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
thank you :)

Hey everyone! i'm new to this site and new to doing acrylic. i was just wandering around KMart one day when i saw a Kiss acrylic set and decided to buy it. i always loved getting my nails done but it just got so darn expensive so i thought maybe i could do them myself. i thought it looked quite easy at the salon, but boy was i WRONG!! i've done sets on my daughter a few times and did it on myself and i'm not so good..from far away, my french manicure looks ok haha but up close they look kinda crappy :( i actually really want to learn how to do this, maybe for a living. i'm a stay at home mom but i really want to get back to work some day soon! i don't know how much classes/school costs and i don't know if i could even go seeing as i didn't graduate HS or get a GED yet (which i'm working on now). i would really like some advice on ANYTHING concerning acrylic! right now i'm using No Lift Nails for the L&P, but my nails keep lifting on the sides and i keep watching youtube videos and they just make it look so easy! :( any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
thank you :)

Hi, I would definitely advise getting yourself booked on a course before you touch your nails or others nails again with acrylics as without the proper qualifications you can do some serious damage to your own natural nails, as these products are only designed to be used by professionals, I know they are sold in supermarkets etc but in the wrong hands they are dangerous and should be avoided! Sorry I cant give you any advice on how to improve your application as it is against site rules my only advice is get yourself booked on a course! Youtube videos are only useful once you have mastered the basics

Oo just looked at ur profile, it says ur in North Arlington, is that Arlington Washington DC?

Only wondered as my son is currently enroute from London Heathrow to Dullas Washington DC to see his girlfriend. She & her family live in Warrenton about an hour west of DC. They met via a soccer club he was coaching at 2 yrs ago & my husband & I visited him in Falls Church & did sight seeing in DC including Arlington Cemetary which was an amazing place by the way. Haha! Sorry to take over ur thread with nothing nail related but I am a tech too in the South West of the UK.

Hi, I would definitely advise getting yourself booked on a course before you touch your nails or others nails again with acrylics as without the proper qualifications you can do some serious damage to your own natural nails, as these products are only designed to be used by professionals, I know they are sold in supermarkets etc but in the wrong hands they are dangerous and should be avoided! Sorry I cant give you any advice on how to improve your application as it is against site rules my only advice is get yourself booked on a course! Youtube videos are only useful once you have mastered the basics

Thank you for replying :D Do you know how i can go about taking a course? do i need to look in my area for classes? do i need to have any schooling ahead of time? like i said, im a stay at home mom and i haven't even gotten my GED yet..would you happen to know if that is a problem for taking a class? i'm so sorry for bugging everyone, but i really would love to get into doing nails and i will do anything i need to do to get into it!

Oo just looked at ur profile, it says ur in North Arlington, is that Arlington Washington DC?

Only wondered as my son is currently enroute from London Heathrow to Dullas Washington DC to see his girlfriend. She & her family live in Warrenton about an hour west of DC. They met via a soccer club he was coaching at 2 yrs ago & my husband & I visited him in Falls Church & did sight seeing in DC including Arlington Cemetary which was an amazing place by the way. Haha! Sorry to take over ur thread with nothing nail related but I am a tech too in the South West of the UK.

Oh no lol. I am in North Arlington, New Jersey in the US :)

Oh no lol. I am in North Arlington, New Jersey in the US :)

Lol!! Yeh I did look on Google maps after and saw that there was a North Arlington in NJ & one in Texas too.

Latest posts

Back