Acrylic help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was taught that zone 1 was the tip and to only apply a bead here if sculpting. If we were using tips we applied a bead in zone 2 then worked it down over the tip then another smaller one in zone 1, almost on zone 2 then work it backwards to avoid flooding.
So do you not put a bead in zone 3 then?

Sorry I meant in zone 2 then in 3. I usually only apply beads in 2 and 3 unless they are very long and then I'll pop a small bead right at the tip and blend it backwards X

Last edited:
So do you not put a bead in zone 3 then?
I was taught to apply a bead on the tip, then one on the stress point and a third at the cuticle. Having watched endless you tube videos ive learnt that people work in lots of different ways! As someone said to me, remember what you were taught in training! X

I was taught to apply a bead on the tip, then one on the stress point and a third at the cuticle. Having watched endless you tube videos ive learnt that people work in lots of different ways! As someone said to me, remember what you were taught in training! X
When I did my training we only did forever French
I assumed you applied it the same way.
Zone 1 at the tip, zone 2 just above zone 1 and zone 3 at the cuticle.
Yes I agree there are lots of different ways. I did a set this morning and again my beads were too big!!! I had little tiny gaps at the cuticle because I think my bead was too wet! Aaaagghh I get so frustrated! Xx

Sorry I meant in zone 2 then in 3. I usually only apply beads in 2 and 3 unless they are very long and then I'll pop a small bead right at the tip and blend it backwards X
I might try this Xx

When I did my training we only did forever French
I assumed you applied it the same way.
Zone 1 at the tip, zone 2 just above zone 1 and zone 3 at the cuticle.
Yes I agree there are lots of different ways. I did a set this morning and again my beads were too big!!! I had little tiny gaps at the cuticle because I think my bead was too wet! Aaaagghh I get so frustrated! Xx
Just fill in any gaps with a small bead to even them out and tidy up the cuticle area. What size brush are you using? X

I sometimes have dreams about acrylic and beads and brushes [emoji297]️[emoji297]️[emoji297]️

Just fill in any gaps with a small bead to even them out and tidy up the cuticle area. What size brush are you using? X
I use a size 8 brush x

I sometimes have dreams about acrylic and beads and brushes [emoji297]️[emoji297]️[emoji297]️
It's completely taken over my life!! I just want to get it right! X

I think it's taken over all our lives I love bed time as I get on my phone and look at more nail stuff or something nail related or go over my acrylic application and where I'm not happy about. I think it's a genuine condition!

I think it's taken over all our lives I love bed time as I get on my phone and look at more nail stuff or something nail related or go over my acrylic application and where I'm not happy about. I think it's a genuine condition!
Yes me too.
I am always on you tube at bed time.
Can never seem to switch off from acrylics.

I use size 8 also,.but have recently changed to a different brand of brush and this has helped massively. X
What brand brush have you brought please Lorraine? Is it oval or flat? X

What brand brush have you brought please Lorraine? Is it oval or flat? X
I use a CND brush size 8 which is quite pointy I was also wondering if I should change my brush and try something different but I don't want to waste my money trying loads and it not be right.
What does everyone else use? Xx

I use the Nsi royal precision. I tried a round brush but just couldn't work with it at all.

Mines the CND brush and it's pointy I was thinking of a flatter brush I wonder if it would be easier to push down at the sides

Latest posts

Back