Acrylic Lifting Problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kstewart

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, I am in need of some advice. All the acrylic nails I do seem to lift after just one week. I had a client last week and I thought I did really well with the prep and the finished product looked great, however I saw her last night and they were lifting around the cuticle area. Obviously I do not know what the client is doing when she leaves me, but I am giving her the correct aftercare instructions to look after them. The only thing I can think of is that maybe there is something wrong with my prep work...?

These are the steps I take:
1) Sanitize hands
2) Cuticle remover cream
3) Push back and remove cuticles from the nail plate
4) Cleanse to remove excess cuticle cream with NSI Cleanse
5) Shape nails and remove shine with buffer (nails appear chalky not scratchy afterwards)
6) Remove dust with plush brush
7) Apply NSI Nail Pure with brush provided - (should I now be using Nail Pure Plus and scrubbing it into the nail plate?)

Any advice on this would be a great help to me :sad:

Thanks Kayleigh

Hi Hun
Lifting is the number one problem for most nail technicians....here is a list of the "issues" that cause lifting....Prep is JUST ONE of them..

1)Incorrect prep. Not removing enough cuticle...not removing cuticle remover,not removing surface shine,not dehydrating the nail

2)Incorrect mix ratio.Most nail techs(my self included)have a tendency to work on the wet side. Too wet or too dry can cause lifting

3)Flooding the cuticle and/or sidewalls with product.Look at your zone 3 application.Is you bead three bleeding into the cuticle and sidewall area.Get your brush behind the bead and pull it up the nail before it touches any skin. ANY skin contact with product will cause lifting.

4)Nails too long. Too much stress on the enhancement can cause lifting.

I think i have covered everything but if not i am sure some super geeks will add their thoughts. Also there is a great tutorial on here by Samuel Sweet on lifting.Helped me loads when i first started out

HTH
X

Hi Geeks, I am in need of some advice. All the acrylic nails I do seem to lift after just one week. I had a client last week and I thought I did really well with the prep and the finished product looked great, however I saw her last night and they were lifting around the cuticle area. Obviously I do not know what the client is doing when she leaves me, but I am giving her the correct aftercare instructions to look after them. The only thing I can think of is that maybe there is something wrong with my prep work...?

These are the steps I take:
1) Sanitize hands
2) Cuticle remover cream
3) Push back and remove cuticles from the nail plate
4) Cleanse to remove excess cuticle cream with NSI Cleanse
5) Shape nails and remove shine with buffer (nails appear chalky not scratchy afterwards)
6) Remove dust with plush brush
7) Apply NSI Nail Pure with brush provided - (should I now be using Nail Pure Plus and scrubbing it into the nail plate?)

Any advice on this would be a great help to me :sad:

Thanks Kayleigh

Try using a regular file (180 I use) to etch over nail plate lightly a buffer does exactly what it says buffs the nail plate smoothing it out. Light strokes to just remove shine is adequate. I use nail pure plus and scrub the nail plate but only after tips have been fully blended on. You haven't mentioned primer do you use attraction primer? Could also be application ensure you are angling brush downwards (sorry if not best description) if you use nsi try giving them a ring as they should be able to help also the one 2 one training will help iron out any problems xx

Thanks guys, really appreciate this advice. I do try my very best to keep product away from the skin and I admit that I do use a rather wet ratio, I will try a dryer one and see if that helps. Gemmalou1981 - Sorry I didn't mention, I do use the attraction primer after applying tip or form.

Thanks again! :)

Another primary cause of lifting is not pressing the product firmly enough in the areas close to the skin .. many nail techs seem to be so tentative in these areas and are afraid to press firmly as they think that if they do they will touch the skin; so they press really lightly and this is no good. You have to press and pack the product near the skin, just as firmly as in the other areas (where coincidentally, you are not seeing any lifting :biggrin:).

Another primary cause of lifting is not pressing the product firmly enough in the areas close to the skin .. many nail techs seem to be so tentative in these areas and are afraid to press firmly as they think that if they do they will touch the skin; so they press really lightly and this is no good. You have to press and pack the product near the skin, just as firmly as in the other areas (where coincidentally, you are not seeing any lifting :biggrin:).

This makes sense Geeg thanks! xxx

Latest posts

Back