Acrylic nail extensions peeling after swimming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curly girl

Reaction score
Hi (sorry if this post has already been covered, couldn't find it after a search). I recently did a set of acrylics and the client had no problems at all with them until she went swimming 5 days later. After swimming they started to lift at the cuticle. Has anyone experienced this before? Is there anything i can recommend use to protect them when swimming? Thanks in advance for your replies x :hug:

I personally have never heard of swimming causing any problems with acrylic (L&P) enhancements. In the summer the amount of nails we do for people going on holiday, if swimming caused problems we would all know about it by now!

I think it is just coincidence.

Have you had any other clients have problems with lifting, how are enhancements when they come back to you for maintenance appointments?

Last edited:
I did wonder if it was just coincidence as i have been doing nail extensions for 8 years and have never experienced this before. I just wanted to clarify that no one else had experienced this before i ruled it out. Thanks for your reply x

Have you had any other clients have problems with lifting, how are enhancements when they come back to you for maintenance appointments?[/QUOTE]

I have regular maintenance appointments and their nails are generally still in good condition on return x:lol:

Have you seen these nails, and the alleged lifting?

Have you seen these nails, and the alleged lifting?

I havent actually seen the nails yet but the client is a regular so i dont think she is pushing her luck. She is booked in for the end of the week so i will try to get to the bottom of the problem then. It is the first time she has had nail extensions so she may not have followed all her aftercare advice. Thanks for your help and fingers crossed for a simple solution!

Latest posts

Back