Acrylic nails falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danielle93xo

Studying to be a nail tech :)
Reaction score
Hi, so I’m a new nail tech and I have a client that isn’t complaining in anyway but I’ve done 1 set of nails for her and 1.5 weeks later 5 of the nails have fallen off. I don’t think it’s an issue with what I’ve done as they started falling off after 1 week and when I did her set I had to remove an old set from another salon and she had lost 8 of the nails that they put on!!

In this situation what would you suggest ? Is she too heavy handed for long acrylic nails? She is a child minder for 8 children and says that she had knocked her nails a few times.

I have suggested that she grow her natural nails out with a gel manicure as her nails are pretty badly damaged after she bit some of her old set of acrylic nails off....

This is my second acrylic customer and I’m just not sure what to do about it!!!

On the remaining nails there’s no lifting or anything else so I believe what I did was correct and if it wasn’t surely they would have fallen off within 48 hours ?

Thank you in advance x

They wouldn’t necessarily fall off within 48 hours but some lifting is usually quick.
Did she send you any photos you can share? It’s easier to tell by looking at the nail plate and remaining enhancements

Latest posts

Back