Acrylic nails keep falling off

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kayfitz123

Reaction score
I completed a L&P course in may 2016 with CND Manchester, I have been getting on really well and got a decent client base set up, but one of my clients her nails just don't seem to last anymore than 3 days and none of my other clients have this problem but I really don't know what is or could be going wrong as I have never had this with any of my other clients.

Could anyone shed any light on this for me the help will be much appreciated.

Is she in any medication, if she have thyroid problems no enchantments (acrylic or gel) will stay but she is safe on gel polish.

Is she in any medication, if she have thyroid problems no enchantments (acrylic or gel) will stay but she is safe on gel polish.
Where did you get your information about thyroid problems? Ive had an under active thyroid for 11 years and can wear all enhancements perfectly well. I have clients with thyroid issues who wear enhancements without issues also.

I completed a L&P course in may 2016 with CND Manchester, I have been getting on really well and got a decent client base set up, but one of my clients her nails just don't seem to last anymore than 3 days and none of my other clients have this problem but I really don't know what is or could be going wrong as I have never had this with any of my other clients.

Could anyone shed any light on this for me the help will be much appreciated.
What is her lifestyle? Her job? Nail length?
Some people aren't suited to wearing enhancements for a variety of reasons. We would need more information if we're to figure it out

One of my fist clients was wearing acrylic extensions and after about 1.5 years without any problems and non or very little lifting, her nails start to come of in the beginning it was 2 or 3 for a couple mounts till 1 day she come back a week after the infills with 9 nails missing I send her to the gp turn out she have a hyper thyroid so for 1 year now just gel polish for her .

One of my fist clients was wearing acrylic extensions and after about 1.5 years without any problems and non or very little lifting, her nails start to come of in the beginning it was 2 or 3 for a couple mounts till 1 day she come back a week after the infills with 9 nails missing I send her to the gp turn out she have a hyper thyroid so for 1 year now just gel polish for her .

I've never known anyone send a client to the doctors because their nails were not lasting?! I'm confused have I missed something here

I've never known anyone send a client to the doctors because their nails were not lasting?! I'm confused have I missed something here
~Her nails was lasting to start but after 1.5 years from no to very little lifting they was popping off ,it wasn't my application or the product because it was the same all along , so in my thinking something was wrong with her , unfortunately I was right.

Hi guys.... it's my aunties nails and she isn't on any medication and before I passed my course she told me her enhancements lasted up to 3 weeks but when I do them they don't even last 3 days .... I am doing everything I was trained to do in CND and none of my other clients have ever had this problem... it's really getting me down i just don't know what it could be

Well I would certainly advise no one to write off a client with thyroid 'problems'. Many, like myself, can wear enhancements perfectly well without any untoward issues.

What is her lifestyle? Her job? Nail length?
Some people aren't suited to wearing enhancements for a variety of reasons. We would need more information if we're to figure it out
Hi pure,

She is an accountant so she's working with computers most of the day ... also she doesn't have them very long

Well I would certainly advise no one to write off a client with thyroid 'problems'. Many, like myself, can wear enhancements perfectly well without any untoward issues.
I didn't write her off ,the gel polish is staying well on her ,just she can't have acrylics

I didn't write her off ,the gel polish is staying well on her ,just she can't have acrylics
I wasn't in that instance referring specifically to your particular client but for any one reading this I would not want people to assume that hypothyroidism is contraindicated for nail enhancements.

Apologies if I did not make that clear.

Have you found out what was making them pop off?

Hi pure,

She is an accountant so she's working with computers most of the day ... also she doesn't have them very long
Are you charging her your full price, or knocking a big discount off them?

And did she go elsewhere at full price before you qualified?

Maybe her nails are oily and the acrylic product just doesn't suit her. I'm thinking that this is a likelihood if other clients of yours aren't experiencing this.

Latest posts

Back